• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve COVID Vaccinations by October

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
So uh, anyone else catch Covid after getting their vaccinations?

Yeah. It kicked my ass- I got both doses of the Moderna- 2nd one back in March. I was miserable for 4 days- high fever (103.9 was the high mark), night sweats in which I was drenched and had to towel off, chills, body aches, lost of taste and smell, headache and severe congestion so bad it made my ears ring- no lung stuff though. As quickly as it showed up it left. There wasn't a point at which I was afraid for my life and that I would need to go to the ER- dayquil and theraflu kept my fever in check. And just as soon as I got sick, I was done with it.

My wife never got it- and we didn't separate at all- hell- we had "relations" the night before I stated feeling crummy.

All of this to say, the vaccination worked, I didn't die, and I'm back to work. At least I don't need the booster for a couple months. I can't prove that it would have been worse for me without the vaccine, but it was crummy enough that I really don't want to know what it would have been like without it.

In western Michigan we have easy access to free PCR tests at a lot of local pharmacies. If you want a test here, you can get one at no cost to you and get the results back within a day or two.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Yeah. It kicked my ass- I got both doses of the Moderna- 2nd one back in March. I was miserable for 4 days- high fever (103.9 was the high mark), night sweats in which I was drenched and had to towel off, chills, body aches, lost of taste and smell, headache and severe congestion so bad it made my ears ring- no lung stuff though. As quickly as it showed up it left. There wasn't a point at which I was afraid for my life and that I would need to go to the ER- dayquil and theraflu kept my fever in check. And just as soon as I got sick, I was done with it.

My wife never got it- and we didn't separate at all- hell- we had "relations" the night before I stated feeling crummy.

All of this to say, the vaccination worked, I didn't die, and I'm back to work. At least I don't need the booster for a couple months. I can't prove that it would have been worse for me without the vaccine, but it was crummy enough that I really don't want to know what it would have been like without it.

In western Michigan we have easy access to free PCR tests at a lot of local pharmacies. If you want a test here, you can get one at no cost to you and get the results back within a day or two.
The range of reactions to the vaccine is really interesting, and nobody seems to understand it. My wife and I had zero effects from either dose of Pfizer. Meanwhile, I have friends and family who have been knocked flat for 24-48 hours by the vax. Then again, we've been exposed to COVID-19 multiple times and haven't been outwardly sick (yet). So maybe we had it and never knew.

One thing's for sure; virus is gonna virus. This too, will pass.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The range of reactions to the vaccine is really interesting, and nobody seems to understand it. My wife and I had zero effects from either dose of Pfizer. Meanwhile, I have friends and family who have been knocked flat for 24-48 hours by the vax. Then again, we've been exposed to COVID-19 multiple times and haven't been outwardly sick (yet). So maybe we had it and never knew.

I had a mild-moderate reaction to my second Moderna shot - about 8 hours of chills/general malaise. Was expecting the same or worse with my recent booster, but was pleasantly surprised to have no reaction other than injection site soreness. Different strokes for different folks.

exNavyOffRec

No one in my family has so far. I did have an internal candidate for a position I was hiring for that went silent and 3 weeks later she called me sounded like crap. It turns out she had been in the ICU for a few weeks with COVID. She had gone to a family memorial for some older relative and their rules were 1) no attendance unless vaccinated and they had to show proof 2) everyone had to wear mask due to a few high risk family members, unfortunately someone did have COVID and most contracted it, about 6 or so spent time in the hospital, her and 2 others were in the ICU with her cousin ending up dying.

This is by far the most extreme I have heard of after vaccination, most just felt a little bad for several days.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

Oh, that wasn't a reaction to the Vax- for that I had body aches for like two days.

The post was describing me getting Covid just before Thanksgiving after being vaxed. Can't edit it now, but I can see how I wasn't very specific.

SELRES_AMDO

Yeah. It kicked my ass- I got both doses of the Moderna- 2nd one back in March.
Interesting.

I had my 2nd Pfizer shot back in March. Full blown body aches for two days. Severe chills and fever. The 2nd shot was worse than covid.

Got Covid a couple weeks ago and it wasn't bad. Just short of breath and body aches for three days. I'd get winded walking from my couch to the bathroom. No fever or anything else. Day 4 I was back to my normal routine.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Interesting.

I had my 2nd Pfizer shot back in March. Full blown body aches for two days. Severe chills and fever. The 2nd shot was worse than covid.

Got Covid a couple weeks ago and it wasn't bad. Just short of breath and body aches for three days. I'd get winded walking from my couch to the bathroom. No fever or anything else. Day 4 I was back to my normal routine.

I'm pretty sure I'm an outlier symptom-wise for breakthrough cases for the Moderna. The second shot wasn't fun, but covid for me was much worse. But there wasn't a point at which I was afraid for my life.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The range of reactions to the vaccine is really interesting, and nobody seems to understand it. My wife and I had zero effects from either dose of Pfizer. Meanwhile, I have friends and family who have been knocked flat for 24-48 hours by the vax.

The majority of my office got the J&J last March and all but one of us was knocked on our ass for about 24 hours, conversely I felt nothing after my Pfizer booster.

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Had the two Moderna shots in February-March with the only noticeable effect being soreness in the arm surrounding the area of the injection, the first one being much more noticeable than the second. Then I had a stroke, from which I recovered within a day, with no long term lasting effects. I’m fortunate in that respect. I awoke one morning with absolutely no use of my left arm. Spent two days in the hospital, receiving every test conceivable. Passed all with flying colors except the MRI which indicated I’d had a stroke, most likely caused by blood clots. At the end of the two days I was back to normal, released with referrals to a cardiologist and a neurologist. After almost two months of further testing by them which included wearing a heart monitor 24/7 for 30 days, neither could give any indication for a reason for the stroke. Expressing my frustration to my family doctor of twenty years, in not finding any cause, he reluctantly mentioned that there have been reports of strokes and heart attacks, amongst many other things, in those receiving the vaccines. He concurs that a booster is not in my best interest. Full disclosure: I am a 70+ year old fart, retired from the Navy and the "Show", in great health, with no underlying conditions, not counting injuries from physical activities through the years to stay healthy and enjoy life.

taxi1

pilot
My BIL, 58 at the time, had a stroke for no particular reason they could find. This was well before Covid.

His didn't clear, either. Permanent slurred speech, left side of body partially functional.

Glad your stuff cleared up!

exNavyOffRec

It has hit my family, oldest daughter positive, waiting on results for wife and youngest and I have the same symptoms but trying to get a test is not easy, the state athletic association a month or so ago started requiring at K-12 student athletes to get tested 3 times a week so they are sucking up the test.

It looks like the infection came from a get together they attended with around 2 dozen people, the day after one started feeling bad and that appears to be patient 0, everyone except my family was vac'd and had booster.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I know it isn't the PCR or whatever, but just go to Walgreens and get a couple boxes of those antibody tests. It's like $22 for a box of two. Maybe things are different elsewhere, but the one in Oak Harbor has them practically spilling out the front door (at least it did last month).

exNavyOffRec

I know it isn't the PCR or whatever, but just go to Walgreens and get a couple boxes of those antibody tests. It's like $22 for a box of two. Maybe things are different elsewhere, but the one in Oak Harbor has them practically spilling out the front door (at least it did last month).
My mom bought extra test so I will be picking up one tomorrow from her, drive by, remote open back and she will toss it in.

I haven't been sick in 2 years with anything, not pleased, on the funny side my oldest daughter has a rough deep sounding voice but she was not pleased when I referred to her as the daughter with the "man voice" lol