• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve COVID Vaccinations by October

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
frankly only a politically charged issue to folks because they choose to look at it as such.
Bullshit. It’s politically charged because the whole COVID thing has been politically charged from day 1. And the liberal media has been cheering it on.

Whenever you restrict freedoms with lockdowns and mandates it’s political.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Bullshit. It’s politically charged because the whole COVID thing has been politically charged from day 1. And the liberal media has been cheering it on.

Bullshit back at ya. Some of you have made a choice to see it as political. It didn't have to be. No one sees the requirement to have a yellow fever or MMR vaccine for the military as an affront on their personal liberties.

nodropinufaka

It should have never become political.

Tons of people needlessly died believing the disease was fake and the pandemic was made up.

Quite sad really.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Some of you have made a choice to see it as political.
It should have never become political.
That would be the Dems that fought everything the Trump administration said or tried to do who initially politicized COVID. Including fast tracking the vaccine which they said could never be developed as fast as it was.

If the Trump administration said or did something, it was automatically wrong according to the Dems and liberal news.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Tons of people needlessly died believing the disease was fake and the pandemic was made up.
Even more people died in 3 Dem run states (NY, PA and MI) where the Dem Governors required elderly nursing home residents to stay in their nursing homes and spread it to the fellow residents. Over 1/3 of COVID deaths were in nursing homes and the majority in those 3 states.

Pags

N/A
pilot
That would be the Dems that fought everything the Trump administration said or tried to do who initially politicized COVID. Including fast tracking the vaccine which they said could never be developed as fast as it was.

If the Trump administration said or did something, it was automatically wrong according to the Dems and liberal news.
None of this matters for this thread. We as individuals can choose to put it aside and be professionals and critical thinkers in our lives and jobs. To see the COVID vaccine as anything other than another vaccine in a line of succession disease controlling vaccines that have given us a world that doesn't fear smallpox, polio, or measles is pointless. All of these other vaccines are already requirements, why wouldn't this one be? The fact that I needed my med record to be up to date to be deployable and that I'd face professional repercussions as a guy who chose a deploying profession if I didn't get my shots isn't a force shaping tool nor a deep state conspiracy to remove conservatives from the force. It's a scientifically proven and accepted methodology to ensure the health and therefore readiness of the force that's as old as time. George Washington paid extra for soldiers with pox scars because they were immune to smallpox. The services have immunized people generations and across all manner of political leadership.

SlickAg

pilot
None of this matters for this thread. We as individuals can choose to put it aside and be professionals and critical thinkers in our lives and jobs. To see the COVID vaccine as anything other than another vaccine in a line of succession disease controlling vaccines that have given us a world that doesn't fear smallpox, polio, or measles is pointless. All of these other vaccines are already requirements, why wouldn't this one be? The fact that I needed my med record to be up to date to be deployable and that I'd face professional repercussions as a guy who chose a deploying profession if I didn't get my shots isn't a force shaping tool nor a deep state conspiracy to remove conservatives from the force. It's a scientifically proven and accepted methodology to ensure the health and therefore readiness of the force that's as old as time. George Washington paid extra for soldiers with pox scars because they were immune to smallpox. The services have immunized people generations and across all manner of political leadership.
George Washington also recognized natural immunity from smallpox.

SlickAg

pilot
That’s a great point! We actually DO talk about that. Link to the website provided if you’d like to learn more.

• Permanent Exemptions may be granted indefinitely based on one of the following**:
    • Determination by a medical provider that further vaccination will seriously endanger patient's health
    • Medical, Reactive exemption: Previously severe reaction after specific vaccine (e.g., anaphylaxis)
    • Medical, Immune exemption: Evidence of existing immunity (e.g., by serologic antibody test, documentation of previous infection or natural infection presumed)

Pags

N/A
pilot
George Washington also recognized natural immunity from smallpox.

Yeah and I even said as much in my post. Folks get pox scars from having had cases. Was also a bit simpler in that having had smallpox conferred lifetime immunity which is not the case for flu or for COVID. If we presume the goal of the service is to maximize immunity then the medical community will recommend the best path to that immunity.

SlickAg

pilot
Yeah and I even said as much in my post. Folks get pox scars from having had cases. Was also a bit simpler in that having had smallpox conferred lifetime immunity which is not the case for flu or for COVID. If we presume the goal of the service is to maximize immunity then the medical community will recommend the best path to that immunity.
The DOD’s refusal to acknowledge prior infection is not necessarily recommending the “best” path to that immunity. Especially if vaccine effectiveness is waning to the point that boosters are being recommended.

“The newly released data show people who once had a SARS-CoV-2 infection were much less likely than never-infected, vaccinated people to get Delta, develop symptoms from it, or become hospitalized with serious COVID-19.”

Pags

N/A
pilot
The DOD’s refusal to acknowledge prior infection is not necessarily recommending the “best” path to that immunity. Especially if vaccine effectiveness is waning to the point that boosters are being recommended.

“The newly released data show people who once had a SARS-CoV-2 infection were much less likely than never-infected, vaccinated people to get Delta, develop symptoms from it, or become hospitalized with serious COVID-19.”

I'm not a virologist or any type of medical professional. Frankly it's up to them to determine the best way to ensure the force gets the immunity they need. But I'm not surprised that they've chosen a vax over exposing everyone to COVID as I imagine it offers the least bad path to getting the force immunity in a short and safe path. And why it's been commonly used for all the other pathogens that folks get jabs for.