• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve COVID Vaccinations by October

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I expect people to follow lawful orders. If someone is not willing to do so then it's easier for everyone to just get the separation over with.
This thread is about the intentionally unreasonable timeline. There are waivers in the works. Either way, it has no impact on your life. So it seemed strange that you seemed excited about people potentially getting separated for something that has nothing to do with you.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
While this policy does take final disposition out of the hands of commands, I wonder if they will have some leeway to help out folks who need a waiver (i.e. medical concerns) and have made that known early?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The excuse matrix has come to a logical conclusion. Word on the street is that they expect very few exemptions to be approved, as there’s a fairly high bar for religious or medical exemptions. Conventional wisdom is that most vaccine refusers won’t be separated.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
While this policy does take final disposition out of the hands of commands, I wonder if they will have some leeway to help out folks who need a waiver (i.e. medical concerns) and have made that known early?
That’s already been put out, at least on the AD side.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Weirdest thing. Natural diseases come and go slowly, but the Moderna shot was like "boom, 12 hours in, here's instant fever and chills, go" followed by "boom, didn't that suck? You're suddenly fine now" 22 hours later.

In my case, I find it ironic that this is EXACTLY how the actual virus impacted me. Felt fine, then fever, chills and bodyaches out of nowhere. 24hrs later, no more fever, chills or bodyaches. Did have other symptoms, but nothing that prevented me from working my civilian job or living my life.

ABMD

That’s already been put out, at least on the AD side.
This has also been put out on the RC side too, your command should have sent out that notice. Our Chaps is inundated with religious exemption requests

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
The excuse matrix has come to a logical conclusion. Word on the street is that they expect very few exemptions to be approved, as there’s a fairly high bar for religious or medical exemptions. Conventional wisdom is that most vaccine refusers won’t be separated.

What do you think will happen to them? I'm not being snarky; I genuinely don't know.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I wonder how they will deal with a possible 3rd dose mandate. Will it be a typical dinq list item like influenza or will it be a “sign this pg13 and get your 3rd dose by next month or you face an adsep”? I’ve been dinq on one random shot for months and no one’s bothered me once about it.

ABMD

What do you think will happen to them? I'm not being snarky; I genuinely don't know.

I think for many, when the rubber meets the road they (anti vaxxers, vaccine hesitant) will roll up their sleeves and get the shot. For those with 20yrs, they can put in for retirement, all others tough luck.
I've been told we have multiple O's and E's in our unit that have stated they are done if the vaccine is mandated, guess we'll see which ones were serious. It was even suggested for those that aren't near retirement and are against the mandate, consider leaving the reserves and reaffiliate once this "blows over" (personally, I don't think it will "blow over" and the vaccine(s) are here to stay.)

ABMD

I wonder how they will deal with a possible 3rd dose mandate. Will it be a typical dinq list item like influenza or will it be a “sign this pg13 and get your 3rd dose by next month or you face an adsep”? I’ve been dinq on one random shot for months and no one’s bothered me once about it.
Medical has readiness stats like other Depts. If they need to get their readiness % up they will start calling. I got a call out of the blue for MMR, just the titers, and it was so they could boost readiness % for a new CO.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Didn’t the Q-Anon Shaman get ADSEPed for refusing the Anthrax vaccine? Pretty straight forward process here…

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
This has also been put out on the RC side too, your command should have sent out that notice. Our Chaps is inundated with religious exemption requests

Yeah I guess this was more my question......it is clear that there is a path for waiver/exemptions, but does that timeline marry up with the timeline imposed by this message, and if not, is there a viable means to help those folks out? Maybe this is what Brett (and maybe you) are saying has already been addressed though.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Their cases will be disposed of, just like any other NJP case. TBD on the specifics, we’ve been told, but giving people a way out of their military obligations via vax aversion is something DoD will want to avoid.