• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Aviators Naval Flight Officers -- What Was Your Major?

MasterBates

Its an old term for Replacement Air Group. Where you learn to fly your fleet aircraft.

Current term is FRS, Fleet Replacement Squadron.

Most people still use "RAG" for it here.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Its an old term for Replacement Air Group. Where you learn to fly your fleet aircraft.

Yep. FRS sounds dumb. RAG sounds cool.

HUDcripple

pilot

FRS = Fleet Readiness Squadron

FRS Students are RPs = Replacement Pilots (or RWSOs, RECMOs, etc)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
BS Marine Engineering
MS Telecom Systems Mgmt

F-14A/B/D

USMMA

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
B.S. Aeronautical Technology (Aero Eng lite w/ lots of flying and some management core classes)

AOCS reported two weeks after getting my degree.

Almost half of a Masters in Public Administration on shore duty. Wish I had finished.

S-3As active and reserve

My major was the perfect fit for my NAVAIR career. Although my grades in the VTs didn't always reflect it, I wasn't challenged too much and didn't work too hard (so wait, maybe my grades did accurately reflect my performance;) ). They were good enough to get me my first choice though. Once I was in the RAG and past the stud/inst BS of the VTs, I hit my stride. Breezed through the VS RAG and had real fun.