• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Aviators Naval Flight Officers -- What Was Your Major?

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
SNFO

Computer Science... currently backseat driving the mighty T-6. Gonna end up in something with a tailhook.

navyao

Criminal Justice
S-3B's for a 41 month tour
C-2A's from then on :)

I commissioned through OCS

Geez! A CJ major?! I've got a BA in CJ and I became a cop! What was I thinking? All of you guys with sociology, poli. sci. and History degrees make me depressed. I left active duty to get my degree with the goal of going back in. Instead...I got married, built a house, became a cop and had kids - what the heck was I thinking?:confused: Although, I still suck in math so maybe I would've been s.o.l. anyways...Always be ate about what you're doing boys; what I wouldn't do to walk in your boots, even for one day.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Major or School for that matter does NOT coorelate in any way to success n flight school or the fleet, period.

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
Mechanical Engineering

USNA

Currently navigating the grill M-Th for Trawing 6.

hunter-gatherer

There's a woodpecker on your head Keanu
Recreation, Parks & Tourism Sciences

Initially was Aerospace Engineering but wised up to that real quick, spent one day in Calculus class and figured that was enough...not even one week in the major and I switched. When I told my mom she says, "I knew you wouldn't stay in that major." Thanks for the vote of confidence MOM!!

NROTC

SNFO

Also something with a tailhook.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
Major: BS in Aerospace engineering from the academy

I'm in HT-8 right now (th-57)

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Geez! A CJ major?! I've got a BA in CJ and I became a cop! What was I thinking? All of you guys with sociology, poli. sci. and History degrees make me depressed. I left active duty to get my degree with the goal of going back in. Instead...I got married, built a house, became a cop and had kids - what the heck was I thinking?:confused: Although, I still suck in math so maybe I would've been s.o.l. anyways...Always be ate about what you're doing boys; what I wouldn't do to walk in your boots, even for one day.

Yup, a CJ major. I even completed the Police Academy, but I did that more as a backup/time killer while my Navy app went through. I guess I will at least be an inspiration for those like me who wouldn't do well in a major that requires calc...

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Hey, I took Calc before switching to Sociology. They give out a lot less D+'s than they do D's. It's a small but elite group of us.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
BA History 2.99 GPA, never took a day of Calculus or wrote a resume in my life.
PLC, D for diploma C for Commision (though I dont reccomend this philosophy)

East

东部
Contributor
Aeronautical Engineering

RNLAF F-16 (crew chief)
RNLAF F-27 (flight mech/loadmaster)
RNLN P-3C (plane captain/ flight engineer)
RNLN/AF KDC-10 (flight engineer)

Enlisted in the RNLAF and transferred to RNLN for better college opportunities. Graduated in 1995 but chose to continue an (enlisted) FE career in the Navy. Did a PEP (personal exchange programm) with the RNLAF in 2002 to fly the KDC-10 as FE, where I was promoted to Naval Flight Officer (NFO) in 2006 on exchange with the RNLAF.

However Civil Aivation was tempting, FE positions were about to fade out on civil airframes. Momentary grounded as TECH INSTR, heavily involved in Maintenance Control and wondering if I will ever fly again. NATOPS expired and considering to retire from active duty.

Found good job opportunities with some major Airlines out here, although not as Flightcrew.

I believe in your service I am called a "MUSTANG"

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Aeronautical Engineering

RNLAF F-16 (crew chief)
RNLAF F-27 (flight mech/loadmaster)
RNLN P-3C (plane captain/ flight engineer)
RNLN/AF KDC-10 (flight engineer)

Enlisted in the RNLAF and transferred to RNLN for better college opportunities. Graduated in 1995 but chose to continue an (enlisted) FE career in the Navy. Did a PEP (personal exchange programm) with the RNLAF in 2002 to fly the KDC-10 as FE, where I was promoted to Naval Flight Officer (NFO) in 2006 on exchange with the RNLAF.

However Civil Aivation was tempting, FE positions were about to fade out on civil airframes. Momentary grounded as TECH INSTR, heavily involved in Maintenance Control and wondering if I will ever fly again. NATOPS expired and considering to retire from active duty.

Found good job opportunities with some major Airlines out here, although not as Flightcrew.

I believe in your service I am called a "MUSTANG"

You could always pledge allegiance to Uncle Sam and come on over to the dark side of NATO. :)

Brett