• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mythbusters to take on: PLANE ON A TREADMILL!!

Raptor2216

It's first an entertainment show, then a science show. You can pick them apart on many levels, primary a lack of a sample size--no scientist ever makes a conclusion based on a sample of 1. At the same time, they do answer a lot of questions people have every day and throw a sprinkling of education on the side. I don't agree with everything they do, but I'm a huge fan of the show.

I agree. Jamie is a smart dude and he seems to do a pretty good job to trying to look at the problem from a scientific point of view. I mean they can't possibly test all scenarios but they attempt to test the stuff most like to happen. The one that surprised me the most was the whole shooting a scope to see if the bullet would penetrate. I expected the bullet to just cut right though it but sure enough, they could not get that to happen. Now, I don't think that means it could never ever happen in the real world, but the likelihood of it happening appears to be fairly low. Needless to say, I like the show quite a bit.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
I had a brilliant idea. This one question (show all work, partial credit) should replace the ASTB.:D

Lawman

None
What the hell.... 7 pages of a mythbusters thread and still no obligitory picture of Kari.... alright Ill do the honors.

512688048_8827b0587f.jpg

416px-Kari_Byron.jpg

kari%20byronMTExNg==.jpg

And no the plane wont fly unless it can create enough lift off its wings based solely on the airflow created by the prop.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kari is only seen as "hot" because she's blowing stuff up and occasionally wielding power tools. She's got some serious junkage in her trunkage.

Brett

Lawman

None
Strike 2, my friend. Your "fixed" version is still wrong.

I was speaking from the idea of a hypothetical impossiblity. IE, given enough of term X and Y and ignoring the ramifications of not addressing Z you can achieve a desired effect. However theres no way to replicate said effect outside of theory.

And Brett, tell me you wouldnt kick her out of bed man.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
I've said it before on this forum and I'll say it again. Kari is cool, but I carry a (blow) torch for that tatted-up Mistress of Metal: Scottie Chapman:
mb_ss247.jpg

Side by side I'll take the tall, slender Ms. Chapman over Kari...
kari_scottie_walk.jpg

scottie_bio.jpg

From her bio:
<i>"A former horse trainer, video-game tester and graveyard-plot telemarketer, Scottie Chapman is the MythBusters mistress of metal. Trained in welding, machining and metal fabrication she has built, burnt and bashed everything from bridges and amusement-park rides to seaplanes and race cars...
In addition, Scottie has played bass guitar for several underground punk/noise bands including the Wizards of Ozzie, a group that performed "lounge" covers of Black Sabbath songs. Plus, she can belly dance and fire dance — often at the same time.
Beyond all that, Scottie really loves getting behind the wheel of her 1973 Lincoln Mark IV race car and competing in full-contact auto races."</i>

Damn it Scottie...why did you leave the show to be replaced by that robot building geek (you know, the Asian dude)?:confused:

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
She has a strange looking face, especially in picture 2 there. That being said, she's a 1.