• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mythbusters to take on: PLANE ON A TREADMILL!!

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Don't get me wrong...I love Mythbusters, but isn't it funny that the show only works because most people never took high school physics?:D

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
I took high school physics and AP Physics... we never put a real life airplane on a conveyor belt... :D

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do they really have to do this one? If there is no air moving over the wings, airplane won't fly...

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Do they really have to do this one? If there is no air moving over the wings, airplane won't fly...

ababb961.jpg

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
As long as the planes' engine can overcome the friction between the wheel and the "conveyor" it will take off.

Reactions: E5B

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
All it needs is air moving over the wing at the right speed and AOA to fly...I'm guessing people are confusing the propwash for that.

The propeller and associated propwash is what moves the plane through the air mass to generate the air/lift over the wing.

right?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of....until I read the thread debating it.