• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My BDCP questions leading up to final submission

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
My recruiter didn't give me the MEPS preparation sheet, so I am wondering what all I need to get prepared for and what all I need to bring? I have it this coming week.

Also, do I need my Birth Certificate?

Thanks guys

MEPS, where having a perfect asshole is a good thing. There should be stuff online about what to expect, try Googling it or using the search functions. Your OR should have all of your paperwork prepared before hand, or that was my experience, but I also did MEPS with about 75 enlisting guys going to all branches of the military (Los Angeles MEPS).

Wear loose fitting jeans and a plain white t-shirt and wear boxers with a button on the crotch. MEPS was boring and lots of waiting, don't drink before either, they give you a breathalizer test.

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
Wear loose fitting jeans and a plain white t-shirt and wear boxers with a button on the crotch. Don't just wear a plain white t-shirt, its considered underwear and you will be prohibited from processing. An all any other color: black, gray, red, t-shirt is fine, though. Don’t wear flip-flops either… can’t process in open toed shoes.

anghockey

Fleens? You're not Fleens!
Yeah bring a book. It's the most incredibly boring six hours of your life that you never get back. And starts at 4:30 AM.

That being said, DO drink lots of water beforehand. I knew it would be heavy on waiting, so I didn't, which was stupid because I totally blanked on the fact that there's a whizz quiz. I was the last person out of about 80 people to pee, and the only person who wasn't enlisted. Needless to say, a few people had a great time making fun of me.

TopShot

BDCP SNA
Just wear plain clothes and boxers and you will be fine. If you take a protein supplement, make sure you drink plenty of water beforehand to flush it out of your system. If anything shows up on your piss test you get one re-take, and if you still have high levels of protein you have to come back another day. Also be prepared to wait..a lot..MEPS took me the majority of the day.

Lobster

My recruiter didn't give me the MEPS preparation sheet, so I am wondering what all I need to get prepared for and what all I need to bring? I have it this coming week.

Also, do I need my Birth Certificate?

Thanks guys

I never got a preparation sheet, your recruiter should tell you everything that you need to bring and if you're unsure call him before hand to make sure that you're squared away, I saw a few get turned away at the front door and their recruiters did not have happy faces on after.

kat27

I was told that you only need an ID. I am not bringing a birth certificate. I go next week as well...

Lobster

I was told that you only need an ID. I am not bringing a birth certificate. I go next week as well...

If I remember correctly that was all I had to bring as well...oh and shoes...my OR didn't tell me about the opened toe thing...like a dummy I wore flops and had to run out and switch shoes with him haha.

anghockey

Btw, FalconPunch, amazing username. Smash = best game ever.

And yeah, you're supposed to wear sneakers, although they make you take them off during your duck walk anyway, so I"m not sure about the point of that.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
I second drinking a lot of water. You're going to be peeing with a bunch of other guys so you need to be ready to go. I, however, drank too much water and was about to explode when they finally let us into the piss test.

However, it's not that boring if you just sit around and shoot the shit with the other guys there. I don't know why everyone thought it was so boring, to be honest. Just chill with the guys.

biograd06

Princess of the Pulpmill
MEPS New Orleans just implemented a new processing system...fingerprint scans and photos. When you go in, you scan your fingerprint and your photo pops up on their screen. It's been a recent thing, since I went yesterday and had to do it, but last Wednesday I didn't. Not sure if all MEPS stations have this now.

In other news, I got held hostage by a cab driver yesterday on the return trip from my eye consult. There was a screw up with the cab fare vouchers and this guy wasn't letting me leave until someone brought him a ticket. Seriously.

euclid83

FS SNA
All you need to bring with you is an ID, a copy of your security clearance application (in my case) and your cell phone (in case you need to call your OR). At the MEPS station, they gave me a special colored folder indicating I was getting an officer physical as well as a checklist for everything thing I need to have done. Just be prepared for a horrible experience. All the technicians are rude as hell and you are surrounded by thugs and terrible converstation. You will be treated like a piece of meat.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
Amen to that. I am not sure which one made me more uncomfortable, the pissed off techs or the handful of waste o' sperms that were mixed in with the group. Just be respectful to the techs, and don't make eye contact with the especially wacky kids unless you want to have a Jerry Springer worthy conversation. :icon_tong

biograd06

Princess of the Pulpmill
Uh yeah. Like the guy that made sure to announce to everyone that his psych consult didn't go so well...

I think if I had to have a psych consult, I cetainly wouldn't be announcing it to everyone. Then again, he was a little off his rocker.

Or how about the two overweight girls that shipped out yesterday (Army), both failed weight in (obviously) and then had the nerve to get pissed when they taped em. And made them do the arms test (???) again. They were both deps. Both of them knew their ship date. LAY OFF THE FAST FOOD AND GET YOUR FAT ASS MOVING!!!!

MEPS...always interesting. :)

anghockey

Uh yeah. Like the guy that made sure to announce to everyone that his psych consult didn't go so well...

I think if I had to have a psych consult, I cetainly wouldn't be announcing it to everyone. Then again, he was a little off his rocker.

Or how about the two overweight girls that shipped out yesterday (Army), both failed weight in (obviously) and then had the nerve to get pissed when they taped em. And made them do the arms test (???) again. They were both deps. Both of them knew their ship date. LAY OFF THE FAST FOOD AND GET YOUR FAT ASS MOVING!!!!

MEPS...always interesting. :)

I went to MEPS in Des Plaines (outside of Chicago), and there was so much sketchiness going on. The techs were really rude, which is especially unpleasant during a gyno exam (I'm assuming the guys get something comparable?) But yeah, a large portion of people there were dumb as hell, and in addition to the awkwardness of being the only officer applicant there--which the staff decided to make abundantly clear to everyone--people were sitting around comparing their ASVAB scores (nothing was about 70), and one of the guys at check in decided to make things super awkward by shouting out to the entire place that I got a 99. Uuuuh . . .

When we did our weigh-ins, there were a few girls who were definitely not in weight standards, but they let them through anyway. I think they fudged their height or something.

That being said, there were a few cool people that I talked to (Marines applicants, I think), but most of the time was more uncomfortable than a bad date.