• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My BDCP questions leading up to final submission

euclid83

FS SNA
Sort of a funny thing happened to me while I was at MEPS. When I got my physical from the doctor (you know the part where you turn your head and caugh) he told me to gather my clothes and follow him. He lead me into a large room with about 25 other individuals. When I walked in I was the only sonofabitch stripped down to his underwear. Everyone in there was just staring at me like I was an idiot. I called them all queers and accused them all of staring at my ass and they all starting laughing. I asked one of the technicians if I could put on my clothes and he told me if I was cold then I could put my socks on. I was thinking, "thanks alot asshole." I sat there for what seemed like forever in my underwear while more people came in the room. Each person that walked in gave me a look like I was crazy. Finally, after about 10 minutes the duck walk fiasco insued. Im not exactly sure what happened but maybe I said something to piss off the doctor, or maybe he just had a sick sense of humor.

Lobster

We had the finger print scanner when I went to MEPS last summer at Ft. Dix (Philadelphia MEPS).

All and all I didn't think it was terrible, I was there with another guy who got picked up for SNA too and we both were treated pretty well. All the techs seemed to be relieved when we got to their statation because we weren't convicts. There was another guy there who was enlisted and going to BUDS, they kept the three of us together the whole day and it made it bearable. We'd laugh at the other guys and their "stories" I remember one dude who thought he was jacked out of his mind talking to one of the techs (a female) about the piss test and the supplements he'd taken in the past and that he was off them now, this was his reasoning for not being "as big", so he told the female tech. We sat there and watched this and the expressions on her face were priceless.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
All you need to bring with you is an ID, a copy of your security clearance application (in my case) and your cell phone (in case you need to call your OR). At the MEPS station, they gave me a special colored folder indicating I was getting an officer physical as well as a checklist for everything thing I need to have done. Just be prepared for a horrible experience. All the technicians are rude as hell and you are surrounded by thugs and terrible converstation. You will be treated like a piece of meat.

Techs I talked to were cool. Certainly a lot of the staff were mission oriented and brusque, and I had to push for a couple things that the staff didn't want to give me, but other than that it was fine. Eye doc was friendly as hell.

The guys enlisting were a variety bunch, and mostly pretty cool. A few re-enlisters who were more fun to talk to. You'll hear some weird shit if you talk to the enlisting guys.

Basically, know that my experience and this guy's experience differed greatly so it probably depends on the station, the day, the alignment of stars, etc.

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
We had the finger print scanner when I went to MEPS last summer at Ft. Dix (Philadelphia MEPS).

That's where I enlisted at and ship to boot camp from! I was also there this past summer training Sailors to deploy with the Army. You may have seen a bunch of guys in desert camies... well those were our Sailors :p!

Lobster

That's where I enlisted at and ship to boot camp from! I was also there this past summer training Sailors to deploy with the Army. You may have seen a bunch of guys in desert camies... well those were our Sailors :p!

Haha I wish there were more shipmates kicking around...I think we missed you guys, the day I went there were only 3 of us that were Navy, the prior guy going to BUDS, the other SNA, and myself...everyone else was mostly Army with a mix of Marines and Air Force.

atrickpay

BDCP SNA
And don't go commando.. I was not prepared at all for MEPS. I woke up 1.5 hours before the appt and live 2 hours away from the closest station. I ended up making it in time, but in my rush to get out of the house I didn't put underwear on and didn't really think much of it. When I got there they went down the checklist and I got to be the moron that had to speak up when they asked if everyone was wearing underwear. Lucky for me they keep a few spare whitey tighteys lying around and I was able to get everything done. So yeah, set an extra alarm just in case. I don't remember having to bring anything except for a photo ID

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
Wow, My experience with the MEPS staff was enjoyable to humorous. It was the MEPS routine itself that sucked. I will stress that you want to drink plenty of water before hand though, you don't want to be the guy who can't piss in the damn cup till the 3 tries and 23 cups of water later. Only to have to piss like a mofo when it comes time for the duck walk. Or even better, the doc squeezing your guts to make sure they're in the right spot, seriously thought I was gonna piss myself.

Anyone else around these parts go through MEPS in Sioux Falls, South Dakota?

FalconPunch

Boards? Application?

I am just wondering if you need to have already went through MEPS and had them give you the thumbs up before you can submit your appl application? I am applying for SNA and have everything complete accept for MEPS, when can I submit my application?

acwildcat

pilot
I did not have to have MEPS done until after I got my Pro-Rec but I know some of the OR's like to have it done and others like mine do not necessarily require it so I would just check with your OR

It is not required but having it done prior to submitting will help speed up the process if you get pro-rec'd. As long as you have all of the necessary paperwork then you are good to go.

kat27

What the h#ll,
I have MEPS tomorrow. I just got off the phone with my recruiter and told me that I need to have my social security card. I don't. Do I have to cancel my physical...

kat27

Also,
My recruiter said that they want to take x-rays of my shoulder. I had a labrum repair last May. Should I be worried? (I don't know why I am nervous about all this...) Sorry if the questions are stupid.

biograd06

Princess of the Pulpmill
Not sure about SS card, but I know you need a photo ID. Maybe there is a general MEPS website with that info?