• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My BDCP questions leading up to final submission

FalconPunch

I started applying for Navy BDCP a while ago and am about to get my application in for the February Boards, 3.1 GPA Mechanical Eng, ASTB 7/7/8/67. I am applying (or at least trying) to apply soley SNA, SNFO. However my recruiter has been relentless in trying to get me to put NUPOC on my app, and he wants to send me out for a few days to do a interview for what I believe is NUPOC. So right now I am very confused, if I go do I have any commitment at all to nukes because to be honest I want nothing to do with them.

Thanks all!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
If you don't want NUPOC don't let your recruiter talk you into applying or going to the interview. You have no obligation to apply to any program you do not want.

The recruiter is trying to talk you into this because it is better for him to get someone into the NUPOC.

FalconPunch

Would going on this trip to Seattle be any form of commitment, or sway the Navy from not accepting me for SNA or SNFO?

navy09

None
Would going on this trip to Seattle be any form of commitment, or sway the Navy from not accepting me for SNA or SNFO?

In ROTC, they offer trips like that without any commitment to the Nuke community. I don't know how it works for NUPOC. Ask your recruiter. Don't sign anything.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
that trip is only free if you can say no to the big guy with the bling on his shoulders at the end of the interview. otherwise you just sold your soul to the devil for a trip to seattle, the land of rain, hippies, and grunge. hope its worth it.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
There is no interview with ADM Donald in the trip to Bangor, WA or King's Bay, GA. The trip is the first step to everyone applying nuke so they can actually tour a sub and make sure they know what they are getting into. The interview takes place in DC.

If you don't want nuke, don't go. Politely but assertively tell your recruiter that you have no interest in nuke.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
However my recruiter has been relentless in trying to get me to put NUPOC on my app, and he wants to send me out for a few days to do a interview for what I believe is NUPOC.

++1 to the other advice given. He seems to be pushing you into the NUPOC because it will be better for his recruiting career, not your future military career.

If he insists to the point of frustration, you could always follow his chain of command until your problem is resolved or find another recruiter.

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
I had the same thing going on with my recruiter initially. It seems like it might be standard across the board. Here is how my experience went:

Got to talking with the recruiter about SNA, but while talking he asked me to look into Nuke since I was a Physics major. He sent some info to my email and also a couple of links. I took a look at them and fairly considered the Nuke community, but it just wasn't for me and I told my recruiter that. Usually all it will take is for you to give it a chance and then if you don't want to do it then say no. Although, I think that going out for an interview is a little much if you don't want to go Nuke.

My advise: Look through the information, and if you still don't want to do it then tell your recruiter. However, don't tell him I just don't like that community because he will ask why. Have some logical reason as to why you want SNA/SNFO instead of Nuke and your recruiter should be fine about that.

Good Luck

FalconPunch

BDCP related questions

I have a couple questions about this form:

1) Do I put the courses I am currently taking this semester on it?

2) What if I am considering taking a summer course but still am not sure?

3) What all do they look at on this form? Just that I will complete my degree when I say I will and thats it?

Thank you

Ezekiel

Falling, with style
None
Some advice: Be as specific as you need to be, not as specific as you can. If you put a specific course when you're allowed to take one of two, you will end up putting in for a change if you have to take the other course. Whatever you put on the form is what the Navy expects you to take and pass, if you need to put in or a change, that's not a big deal as long as it doesn't change your graduation date.

To answer your questions directly though:

A) Yes, start with the current term

B) See above. If you NEED the course, go ahead and put it in. Otherwise, I'd leave it off and add it later if you decide to take it.

C) The Navy wants to know when you're graduating, what your degree will be in and that you will remain a full-time student.

I'm pretty new to the program, but I've been told (and read) that submitting new degree completion plans which don't change your major or graduation date are not a big deal to process.

Lobster

Also for elective courses down the road that you're not sure of and are not required just put "free elective" then you don't have to worry about submitting for a change later on.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
The Degree Completion form is sort of an outline. My recruiter basically told me to be a big boy and get the shit done that I needed done. If that involved my completing courses in a COMPLETELY different order than what I originally sent in, no worries. If you start fucking up and having to delay your graduation date, then you may start to feel the heat. But as long as your projected graduation date never changes from what you started as, you're golden.

The form I filed, and the order of classes I took didn't exactly match...

jl08

pilot
I am not in the program yet (hopefully will be in April board) but I have completed this form. I just scheduled a meeting with my adviser and filled it out with him since he had to sign it anyway and wanted to make sure everything flowed correctly. He was pretty specific but my recruiter said if I have to change something it isn't a big deal.

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
The Degree Completion form is sort of an outline. My recruiter basically told me to be a big boy and get the shit done that I needed done. If that involved my completing courses in a COMPLETELY different order than what I originally sent in, no worries. If you start fucking up and having to delay your graduation date, then you may start to feel the heat. But as long as your projected graduation date never changes from what you started as, you're golden.

The form I filed, and the order of classes I took didn't exactly match...

Didn't match.......mine haven't matched at all, but it is no big deal. They would like to see your current quarter, your summer semester, and anything in between. Don't sweat this form, it is not a big deal......unless you fuck up and don't graduate on time.

FalconPunch

Meps?

My recruiter didn't give me the MEPS preparation sheet, so I am wondering what all I need to get prepared for and what all I need to bring? I have it this coming week.

Also, do I need my Birth Certificate?

Thanks guys