• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

More Upcoming Uniform Changes

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I think the ballcap thing is a helobubba thing, at least in my airwing. Very few non-helo guys wear a ball cap. Me, I've not worn the cunt cap since I got out of the rag.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I don't understand the whole blue shirt underneath coveralls. White shirts we're just fine as it is.

As for the whole coveralls underway, my CO is trying to find a "loophole"...

AFUAW

pilot
I think the ballcap thing is a helobubba thing, at least in my airwing. Very few non-helo guys wear a ball cap. Me, I've not worn the cunt cap since I got out of the rag.

Ball caps seem quite common here in Lemoore. I wear one frequently, as does maybe 1/3 of my squadron.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Here in Marine-land, we've started wearing cammie covers with our flightsuits.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I wear the NA wings over my NAC wings on my NWU's (yes, I finally got a set) and I wear the Serv. Dress Pisscutter with my bag...the wash khaki pisscutter looks like shit after a week in the leg pocket and the SDP looks good after 3 months of constant use...

As far as the ballcap with the bag, I've seen it both ways, but the majority of O's wear the cunt-cap and the E's wear the ball-cap...

Technique only...
Pickle

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I wear the Serv. Dress Pisscutter with my bag...the wash khaki pisscutter looks like shit after a week in the leg pocket and the SDP looks good after 3 months of constant use...

There's a wash khaki garrison cap? I've only worn a ball cap with wash khakis for three squadron tours and two staff tours.

On the carrier pretty much the only cover anyone wears with wash khakis is the ball cap.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I've never seen the guys here wear any cover, and had to tell one sailor to take off his working jacket with his NWU's.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's a wash khaki garrison cap? I've only worn a ball cap with wash khakis for three squadron tours and two staff tours.

On the carrier pretty much the only cover anyone wears with wash khakis is the ball cap.

Yeah, had to wear it in NROTC (my unit was weird and didn't let you wear service khakis until you were a 1/c- underclassmen had to wear wash khakis). I still wear my service cover with my flight suit because a) the reason Pickle mentioned b) I'm lazy and don't feel like changing insignia between the two and c) I have no idea where the hell my wash khaki cover is.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
I find the wash khaki cover way easier than the svc khaki one. For most in flight school, the svc khaki one would get all sweaty and gross, and no one wanted to take theirs to the cleaners. The wash khaki can be ... washed. So it's a choice, I guess, except for the whole regulation thing.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I find the wash khaki cover way easier than the svc khaki one. For most in flight school, the svc khaki one would get all sweaty and gross, and no one wanted to take theirs to the cleaners. The wash khaki can be ... washed. So it's a choice, I guess, except for the whole regulation thing.

I wash my poly-wool, service khaki cunt cap in the washing machine. Lay it flat to air dry. Always comes out fine

boobcheese

I wash my poly-wool, service khaki cunt cap in the washing machine. Lay it flat to air dry. Always comes out fine

Agree, as long as you have the standard NEX PW cover. If you're a big spender and have the Abbott's version, there is a leather lined seem inside that (not surprisingly) doesn't fare well in the wash.

GreenLantern330

Wasn't sure where to post this, so I thought this would probably be my best bet. I know the service dress khakis or the "throwback uniforms" (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y246/jeffs46815/Throwbacks.jpg - these) w/e they're called were brought up a few years ago, but does anyone know what's the deal with them now? Are they still being tested, were they approved, or were they just ditched? Also, are/were the khakis supposed to be additions to the sea bag or are/were they supposed to replace any other uniforms?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wasn't sure where to post this, so I thought this would probably be my best bet. I know the service dress khakis or the "throwback uniforms" (http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y246/jeffs46815/Throwbacks.jpg - these) w/e they're called were brought up a few years ago, but does anyone know what's the deal with them now? Are they still being tested, were they approved, or were they just ditched? Also, are/were the khakis supposed to be additions to the sea bag or are/were they supposed to replace any other uniforms?

They were approved last year for voluntary wear by officers and Chiefs and don't really replace anything. A lot of guys in DC wear them to fit in better with the other services instead of wearing short sleeve summer whites when around the office, on the Hill or in front of the cameras. I like them but don't have a need, don't know many below O-6 that do wear them. Anyone seen them outside DC?

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Only person I've seen sporting them in ADM Mullen & ADM Roughhead (but the CNO only seems to wear them publicly when he's with the Chaiman...)

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I believe SDKs are approved for wear, but the NEX is still getting spun up to supply them and they won't be available until at least next year.