• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

More Upcoming Uniform Changes

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I believe SDKs are approved for wear, but the NEX is still getting spun up to supply them and they won't be available until at least next year.

Depends on which NEX, the Navy Annex one in Arlington doesn't seem to have a problem getting them for some reason....;).....last time I was there the lady helping me had to cut it short because she had to get ready for the first of two Admirals getting fitted for one that day.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
one of the lowest points in my naval career occurred yesterday: had to buy a set of NWUs. What a complete piece of shit uniform that serves no functional purpose and screams "oooh, i want to be a 'warrior' too - check out my cammies"...

I watched Midway on AMC today - somehow we managed to win that pivotal battle wearing wash khakis....

It. Is. The. Worst. Uniform. Ever. It's a joke and encourages sloppy appearances.

Go ahead - ask me what I think :)

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
We did our last change of command in them. . .

The Commodore(!) joked with us about having to cut the tags off his and Google how to roll the sleeves the day before.

A part of me died that day.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A change of command in NWUs? Really? I don't really care for summer whites, but at least they'd be appropriate. The more I think about it, the more I actually want to have just 1 service dress uniform. The USAF, despite the option for the short sleeve shirt and tie (Dilbert!), at least keeps it simple. They wear the same trousers and shoes for their service and service dress uniforms. Even the shirts can be used for both. Instead of having service khakis, summer whites, SDBs and Chokers, why not have 1 uniform that could be dressed up or down? It would surely save on $$$.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
We did our last change of command in them. . .

The Commodore(!) joked with us about having to cut the tags off his and Google how to roll the sleeves the day before.

A part of me died that day.

Concur with Kmac. We do our CoCs in Chokers. I think summer whites would be appropriate... but NWU??

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
one of the lowest points in my naval career occurred yesterday: had to buy a set of NWUs. What a complete piece of shit uniform that serves no functional purpose and screams "oooh, i want to be a 'warrior' too - check out my cammies"...

I watched Midway on AMC today - somehow we managed to win that pivotal battle wearing wash khakis....

It. Is. The. Worst. Uniform. Ever. It's a joke and encourages sloppy appearances.

Go ahead - ask me what I think :)

I was cursing whatever Admiral thought they were a good idea when I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to find DCU parts. "Oh real fucking smart, let's make a cammie uniform we can't wear anywhere we would actually need it. brilliant."

As a plus, I think figured out the game as far as making flag. I'm going to think up the stupidest ideas possible, and then submit them for FITREP bullets. Voila.

I ended up having to go to a Surplus store for trousers and a cover because our supply guys were SOL. Real cool, Navy. Real fucking cool.

jtmedli

pilot
I was cursing whatever Admiral thought they were a good idea when I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to find DCU parts. "Oh real fucking smart, let's make a cammie uniform we can't wear anywhere we would actually need it. brilliant."

As a plus, I think figured out the game as far as making flag. I'm going to think up the stupidest ideas possible, and then submit them for FITREP bullets. Voila.

I ended up having to go to a Surplus store for trousers and a cover because our supply guys were SOL. Real cool, Navy. Real fucking cool.

Ive got 3 sets that I'll give you...providing you are as skinny as I am. Thank you, OCS for making me buy $300+ worth of crap I'll never wear again.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
You mean like the Johnny Cashes? I never even wore that in OCS.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
You are all missing the point...

The new NWU hides dirt and grease. End of discussion.

sickboy

pilot
You are all missing the point...

The new NWU hides dirt and grease. End of discussion.

They actually do a pretty decent job of it too, although I still felt it necessary to tell the Airmen at the museum to do the painting in their swoveralls so they don't trash a hundred dollar uniform. The things look like a third world police force, but they're a pretty functional work uniform.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
hides dirt and grease. cant be worn on the flight deck, looks like shit because its nearly impossible to get 'em tailored, and serve no tactical or purely functional purpose that wasn't covered by an existing uniform. Seriously - it has more to do with everyone wanting to feel like a "warrior" - never mind wanting people to dress and feel like Sailors...

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
They actually do a pretty decent job of it too, although I still felt it necessary to tell the Airmen at the museum to do the painting in their swoveralls so they don't trash a hundred dollar uniform. The things look like a third world police force, but they're a pretty functional work uniform.

pretty functional huh?

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Why didn't they make a summer version of the NUW? The material the pants are made of is thick, heavy, and hot. It would have made more sense to have a summer weight and winter weight uniform. I do like the color, it hides dirt and grease very well, I probably wear mine 2 days a week.

Just my .02 cents.