• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Monster Marine OCS thread: stupid questions answered here!

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
That's just silly, there's no way he can even understand what 3 people are saying at once. That's not an ass chewing, that's three DIs in a pissing contest. There's some people that got lit up pretty badly during OCS, but nothing like that. I think the ass chewings I saw at OCS were more effective than that though, that one is just dumb.

I saw 4 or 5 going at a guy in Quantico. Guy did pretty well, kept his bearing and everything. It was pretty intense even to watch...out of the corner of my eye, mind you.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What in the name of God do you think? Yeah, they took him out back, shot him and threw his corpse in the dumpster.
Brett
Well that finally explains that foul smell when I went through AOCS so long ago. ;)

Carno

Insane
Of course it's easy for me to say it's dumb when I'm not the one being yelled at, I might have a different opinion if I was on the recieving side of that. Maybe it's just because I'm an officer, but I still find it dumb.

On another note, did I see one of those DIs throw down the recruit's rifle?

You're probably alone then... Ask any Marine officer and I'm sure they won't think it's dumb.

And yeah I saw the DI push the recruit's rifle down. Happened at OCS when I was there too.. The DI's also love walking up behind you and kicking the rifle out of your hands when you are standing at order arms.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
You're probably alone then... Ask any Marine officer and I'm sure they won't think it's dumb.

And yeah I saw the DI push the recruit's rifle down. Happened at OCS when I was there too.. The DI's also love walking up behind you and kicking the rifle out of your hands when you are standing at order arms.

...and then you get to push for losing control of your weapon. :icon_smil

flyerstud4

Watching DIs rip into someone, can be very funny at times and other times, you feel so bad for the guy who is on the recieving end. We had a guy start crying at OCS(Quantico), i felt bad for the guy and some other candidates wanted to stand up and defend the guy. BAD idea, its all a game and if you do that, game turns on to you. They train you the way they do, to see if you can handle stress and if you cant handle someone yelling at you, what are you gonna do in combat?

Lawman

None
Watching DIs rip into someone, can be very funny at times and other times, you feel so bad for the guy who is on the recieving end. We had a guy start crying at OCS(Quantico), i felt bad for the guy and some other candidates wanted to stand up and defend the guy. BAD idea, its all a game and if you do that, game turns on to you. They train you the way they do, to see if you can handle stress and if you cant handle someone yelling at you, what are you gonna do in combat?

Had a guy loose it on the PT field. Thought he would DOR right then an there, but he made it. One of those guys that after the couple of weeks of "oh my god what is this thing called the Marine Corps" realized the game and started to play.

Thats really the advantage priors and military kids have going into OCS vice Joe Q Public, you know the game is coming and thats sorta your extra armor you wear when they come bearing down on you.

And second what was said, you push for loosing control of your rifle. And he'd write an essay afterward. Also how many people ended up pushing for coming off the PT field and picking up a weapon that had been switched off of safe.... Yeah learned that lesson.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
It's a good idea to have your armorer candidate check every rifle each night to make sure it's on safe, if he doesn't know to already. Ours saved us a couple of times.