• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Monster Marine OCS thread: stupid questions answered here!

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
No, but that was only because my RDC's at boot camp (and at USNA) were too short to stand that close to my head. Just not the same I suppose when the person getting yelled at has to look down at the yeller.

wrk

That's just silly, there's no way he can even understand what 3 people are saying at once. That's not an ass chewing, that's three DIs in a pissing contest. There's some people that got lit up pretty badly during OCS, but nothing like that. I think the ass chewings I saw at OCS were more effective than that though, that one is just dumb.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's just silly, there's no way he can even understand what 3 people are saying at once. That's not an ass chewing, that's three DIs in a pissing contest. There's some people that got lit up pretty badly during OCS, but nothing like that. I think the ass chewings I saw at OCS were more effective than that though, that one is just dumb.

Nothing dumb about it. You're not supposed to hear what they're saying, you're supposed to crumble into a pool of your own excrement. I saw stuff like that frequently in Navy OCS - it's good stuff.

Brett

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
...you're supposed to crumble into a pool of your own excrement.

The best one I saw was a dude who actually shat himself and started crying while wrapped up in his sheet. And that was with Navy RDC's, I cringe to think what he would've done if those DI's got ahold of him.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nothing dumb about it. You're not supposed to hear what they're saying, you're supposed to crumble into a pool of your own excrement. I saw stuff like that frequently in Navy OCS - it's good stuff.

Brett

This is true.

I've had 2 after me at Navy OCS, but never 3. It was actually in the tray return line and I glanced at their little area in the chow hall via a mirror (I don't know if said mirror is still there). Of course they saw me eyeing them, and it was game on. Got my tray pushed back into me and we went backwards like dominos. Real good times.

wrk

Brett

Of course it's easy for me to say it's dumb when I'm not the one being yelled at, I might have a different opinion if I was on the recieving side of that. Maybe it's just because I'm an officer, but I still find it dumb.

On another note, did I see one of those DIs throw down the recruit's rifle?

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Any of you get an a** chewing like this somewhere while going through OCS?

Does that actually get under most people's skin...having three guys in your face like that?

I look at this video and I feel like they're just having a blast acting like they actually care when you know it's just a total joke. Like paid actors almost. Hopefully I still feel that way next summer when they're trying to rip out my soul too.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Back in the day at AOCS, I saw a candidate bump a DI with his box during outposting. The DI went ballistic and had the guy convinced that if he didn't DOR on the spot he'd spend the next 20 years in Leavenworth for assaulting a superior. It was the only DOR I heard of getting reversed after another DI felt it was excessive since the candidate really didn't have an knowledge of the UCMJ and believed he was going to jail.

DORs back then were instant and final. It was also a game the DIs played. He with the most DORs won prior to commissioning won. They didn't stop trying until you were a candidate officer.

(I don't know what goes on at OCS today, but back in the early 1980s at AOCS outposting was when poopie week was over and you moved from the indoc battalion to your regular battalion (I or II). You had to carry all our stuff in a cardboard box that was about 4 feet long, 3 feet wide and 3 feet high. The box was carried in front of you at chest with your arms straight out and at chest height. It was very painful both to your muscles and to the skin as the box really cut into your arms. It also blocked your vision and made it almost impossible to walk without hitting things or stumbling. You circled the block 4 or 5 times on the way to the battalion with every DI at the AOCS having fun at your expense. It was a great spectator sport for Candidate Officers, newly commissioned Ensigns, Aircrew School guys and anyone else that just happened to be in the area. It happened on Fridays about 30 minutes after the outgoing class was commissioned so the new officers and their families/guest got to watch.)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Does that actually get under most people's skin...having three guys in your face like that?

I look at this video and I feel like they're just having a blast acting like they actually care when you know it's just a total joke. Like paid actors almost. Hopefully I still feel that way next summer when they're trying to rip out my soul too.
Please tell me your f'ing kidding. Are you really this naive or dumb?

It's not a joke. The idea is to put you under the most pressure possible to see if you crack. If you crack, it's time for you to go elsewhere. If you crack under this kind of pressure, what are you going to do when there are bullets flying at you or when your airplane decides it doesn't want to play nicely?

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
About being kidding...the reason I sounded so nonchalant about it is because it looks like these guys hid the camera and just played a joke on the kid for doing nothing wrong.

Now...if I made an actual mistake and thought I was going to get canned as a result for it...then yes...I'd have soiled myself before it was over.

port_tack

I don't know what goes on at OCS today...

Outpost is still alive and well. Instead of a box, you now carry your seabag. You have to carry it in front of you, wrapping your arms around it with open palms (can't grab onto it or hold the straps).