• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Monster Marine OCS thread: stupid questions answered here!

SLU_fly_girl

USMC PLC Srs 2004
x-wing-

here are the stats on the most recent graduating class from OCS (March 2004). All of these candidates were college graduates so the average age is higher than the average age of current college students going through the program.

The typical officer candidate is the following:
1200 SAT score
2.9 GPA
275 avg PFT
Avg age - 26
Patriotic -- young and wanting to serve their country

From what I hear, it is competitive right now, but it depends on your situation. For example, whether you are working towards a college degree or already have a college degree determines what selection board you are sent to, which in turn determines how competitive you are. If you already have your degree, you are sent to one of two boards (the east or west region board...the Mississippi River is the dividing line). Whereas, if you are working on your degree, you are sent to the district board (which may include a few states). Granted, the district board has a more limited number of candidates they can accept, but you are competing against fewer people, which usually will increase your chances.

x-wing

thanks for the info SLU Girl one question though when does the eating a baby part come in? ....jk

thanks for the info

SLU_fly_girl

USMC PLC Srs 2004
if you're an air contract I'm sure you can expect to eat some pretty interesting things at survival school :) but no babies.... The Corps frowns on that. :icon_wink :icon_tong

dvl_dog_2531_90

SLU_fly_girl said:
if you're an air contract I'm sure you can expect to eat some pretty interesting things at survival school

If you are talking about SERE school then the most interesting thing we ate were prickly pears. One night they gave us some rabbit stew to eat but that is about it (it isn't like you're eating bugs and snakes all day . . . ). It was definately an exercise in hunger management.

Atomic927

Contracted for OCC-186
SLU_fly_girl,
Where did you get the stats on the most recent class? I'm hoping to go this summer and am curious how I will match up with the last class as well as earlier ones. Thanks.

SLU_fly_girl

USMC PLC Srs 2004
I got those stats from marineocs.com A graduate (I think) from the most recent OCS class posted them. Go to the site. Click on "latest forums". Scroll down until you find the topic "College Grads". You'll find the post in the "185 graduation" topic. It's actually an informative website. Not necessarily for facts, but more so for advice on how to prepare and what to expect while you're at OCS. Good Luck!

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
I just graduated OCS in March and the stats above came straight from the CO's mouth. The average initial PFT was a 261 and rose to the final of 275. OCC-184/185 were two of the highest scoring classes on the PFT ever.

phishnguy

Recent OCC selection stats

I just got selected for OCC 186. The average of the OCC guys was 1200 SAT, 3.0 GPA, 6/4 ASTB (I believe, could be 4/6), and a 281 average PFT. My OSO did not expect it to be sooo competitive with the increased air mission and all. It apparently was. Out of 149 OCC applicants, only 80 or so got in (about 55% acceptance rate). I was scared, but pulled it out!

Good luck

lucky1899

Occ187

I've heard OCC187 is going to be around 200 people. ALOT bigger then 186. Has something to do with being the beginning of the fiscal year or something. Should still be competitive, but not nearly as tough as 186.