• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Military Aviation Major

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
In Liberty's defense it is a Christian school, and I am a Christian. I'd be fine with sticking to the rules as they (mostly) line up with my morals anyway.

Thank you all for your input, I'm going down there on Friday to find out more about it. I'll post an update after I figure out just what they would teach me.

I'm slightly sorry if I offended you. But I myself am Christian and find Liberty's rules a bit fanatical and, quite frankly, scary. You're young yet, and I trust you'll find yourself with or with out the help of Jim Jone's or Branch Davidian'esque institutions.

Good luck and best wishes on getting what you're looking for.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
You can read "The Liberty Way" for yourselves. There are some great things in there:

Attendance at a dance net you 6 Reprimands and $25.00 fine
Viewing an R Rated movie or entering the residence hallway of the opposite sex get you 12 Reprimands and a $50.00 fine
Commission of a Misdemeanor or going into the off campus bedroom of someone of the opposite sex will earn you 18 Reprimands, a $250 fine and 18 Hours of Disciplinary Community Service
Commission of a Felony, drinking alcohol, spending the night with a person of the opposite sex, or (my favorite) involvement in witchcraft will give you 30 Reprimands, a $500 fine, 30 hours Disciplinary Community Service and possible expulsion.

Yes, spending a night with a person of the opposite sex is on the order of a Felony

The list goes on

And these are rules at a place called Liberty? :eek::confused:

Bob Jones University has similar rules... have to have a "Chaperone" follow you to your job, can't work past certain hours, very limited musical choice (even modern Christian is banned). www.bju.edu the rules are on there somewhere...

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
No, it wont help you get jets, but please enlighten us on what the major entails.

Can you imagine writing a thesis on the finer points of a Fokker D VII?

What about recce tests for finals? Or, how was the seminar on "Dirigibles"?
That, and beer.
Dammit.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
And these are rules at a place called Liberty? :eek::confused:

Bob Jones University has similar rules... have to have a "Chaperone" follow you to your job, can't work past certain hours, very limited musical choice (even modern Christian is banned). www.bju.edu the rules are on there somewhere...

Pensacola Christian College does as well. Quite frankly, the rules at those places are more restrictive than USNA.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Let's not turn this into a referendum on Christian madrassas, and try to keep on the issue of "military aviation majors."

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
NOTE: The student will be allowed to appeal

There is also a reading comprehension quiz.;)

Just a quick...and tongue biting word about this place...No offense meant to any faith at all...but I always find it interesting when a religious organization chooses not to trust its followers to live honorable, well lived lives. Says alot about the people running the organization if you ask me...

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I wonder if you are still obliged to follow the rules if you are enrolled in their distance education program.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
But even the NROTC Commander of Embry-Riddle has said this is NOT the right degree if you want to go SNA- the right degree according to him is "Aerospace Engineering" or something similar.

Don't drink the Kool-Aid. As has been said ad infinitum on the site, an engineering degree (the degree, mind you) is worth no more than a basket-weaving degree once in flight school.

Maine Vaulter

USMC Candidate - Air
I'm slightly sorry if I offended you. But I myself am Christian and find Liberty's rules a bit fanatical and, quite frankly, scary. You're young yet, and I trust you'll find yourself with or with out the help of Jim Jone's or Branch Davidian'esque institutions.

Good luck and best wishes on getting what you're looking for.
No offence taken whatsoever.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
I have several friends who go to Liberty and can tell you that most of the rules ARE NOT followed by students OR faculty. If you go there, just be sure to live off campus and you should be fine if you're careful.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I have several friends who go to Liberty and can tell you that most of the rules ARE NOT followed by students OR faculty. If you go there, just be sure to live off campus and you should be fine if you're careful.

...and what does that tell you grasshopper.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My faith in humanity has been partially restored.:icon_tong