• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MIA A4sForever?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
HAL, I've always respected A4s wisdom, even if I didn't agree with his opinions. Hopefully he'd say the same about me. Don't know. I will say that respect is a two-way street, though. I will always give someone their due respect and pay attention to the opinion of someone who's been in "the shit" and flown a gazillion hours. In return, I expect not to automatically be told that I'm wrong and "eating shit" for the man if I disagree.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I feel like the new guys now are somewhat like the new guys back when I was a new guy.....not that I'm not still in many respects, but I digress. Makes me wonder what drove him away. Either way, I too wish he would come back.....his commentary added a lot to these discussions.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I am one of the few who knows A4s real name. I've never met him but I've talked with NWA pilots who have. He is definitely a pilot of the old school who has "been there, done that" in both military and civilian aviation. He was raised in an era where the elders were respected. I believe he left because of distinct lack of respect shown him by a few. He didn't need the aggrevation nor did he need to justify his views. So he left. For what it is worth, I don't blame him - he deserves the respect. It wasn't conflicting view points that ran him off, it was the way those conflicting views were presented.

I hope some day he decides to come back.

This.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
respect is a two-way street, though. I will always give someone their due respect and pay attention to the opinion of someone who's been in "the shit" and flown a gazillion hours. In return, I expect not to automatically be told that I'm wrong and "eating shit" for the man if I disagree.

and this.....

JackyB

I would hope he wouldn't bail (old school) eject until he let us know that he had finished his book on the Clipper and it was available. Time will tell..........

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
There's certainly more to life than the net but like said above, respect isn't a one way street. If you deem yourself a know it all above all others, don't expect a whole lot in return. We can respect a person for what he or she does but not respect the person if they don't deserve it. The tough guy act on the net gets annoying and old after a while.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
I think he would laugh if we started speculating as to what he's up to - we all love a good BS session. Allow me to start...

He has actually started his own airline in the south pacific. The flight attendants are all personally selected from Thailand...

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I am one of the few who knows A4s real name.

Ah, but i'm one of the few who knows where he lives! Not that I up the street any more as did back in Whidbey, so I can't drop in on him.

Hope the ol feller is alright though. Would be nice if he'd post a few more pics of -3.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Well, I'll say this...

I always respected A4's because he feels the same way about these discussions I do...it's one thing to disagree...it's one thing to discuss your disagreements as adults...It's a totally different thing to be angry, or disrespectful or even upset that someone doesn't see the light shining out of your ass.

I know I was a more frequent contributor in the past...this mostly to do with time, but also because its so easy to forget what I said above.

Hope he's well...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, I'll say this...

I always respected A4's because he feels the same way about these discussions I do...it's one thing to disagree...it's one thing to discuss your disagreements as adults...It's a totally different thing to be angry, or disrespectful or even upset that someone doesn't see the light shining out of your ass.

I know I was a more frequent contributor in the past...this mostly to do with time, but also because its so easy to forget what I said above.

Hope he's well...
Bitten my tongue... until now. A4s was the abolute worst violator of this principle, as many have already articulated. The pressure applied against him (by me and others) was a result of his nearly continuous spewing of hatred and vitriol toward anyone who had another point of view. You all know what I'm talking about. While he and I have had some ugly words exchanged here, it's nothing compared to the complete insanity he has presented to me via IM. I've said it before - I'm glad he's gone. Yeah, he's had some amazing experiences and I've enjoyed his stories, but those days ended years ago. All he's been good for lately is hate and self-righteous indignation. Bring back the A4s circa 2005. If it's the current hateful incarnation, no thanks.

Brett

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Bitten my tongue... until now. A4s was the abolute worst violator of this principle, as many have already articulated. The pressure applied against him (by me and others) was a result of his nearly continuous spewing of hatred and vitriol toward anyone who had another point of view. You all know what I'm talking about. While he and I have had some ugly words exchanged here, it's nothing compared to the complete insanity he has presented to me via IM. I've said it before - I'm glad he's gone. Yeah, he's had some amazing experiences and I've enjoyed his stories, but those days ended years ago. All he's been good for lately is hate and self-righteous indignation. Bring back the A4s circa 2005. If it's the current hateful incarnation, no thanks.

Brett

I enjoy that you hold nothing back. I don't always agree with you, but there's never a doubt in my mind where you're coming from.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor

Brett
Fair enough. From what it sounds like, I missed the worst of it. That's a shame.

East

东部
Contributor
I liked the man, the stories and his attitude.
Although I had my fair share of clashes with him.
But what's new in live?

AirPirate

pilot
I guess I showed up after he left, and I've seen his posts and they're all over the map so I can't claim to have any perspective on the guy. If somebody senior gives me an address that promises to relay them, and I'll send a set of car wings to the guy. Our wings do a lot things for us, but they can cover old wounds too. If he is a hateful guy like Brett says, then I can understand that. If he is tired of the whippersnappers like Schnugg says, I can see that too. I can also agree that too much time is wasted on the Internet and he's better off living it up. Truth be told, we'll all be there someday and a lot of us are going to be sick of a lot of stuff. Might as well be pissed off with cool wings on your car rather than just pissed off.