• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MIA A4sForever?

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
To be clear: A4s was NOT a "hateful guy". I don't think that's what Brett meant. I'll leave that to him, though.

Blunt? Direct? Crotchety? Grouchy? Curmudgeony? Grumpy?

Yes. Often all of that. He is also a really nice guy, but he doesn't go to any lengths to prove that to anybody. He doesn't feel that he has to, and I respect that. I also think that he likes to preserve his image as "Grandpa Pettibone", but that's just my opinion.

I got sideways with him before, too. He said some things that I took exception to, and I came right back at him. We worked it out via PM, and both moved past it like adults. No hard feelings.

Maybe he doesn't do that anymore, but I suspect that he just feels ganged up on by a lot of the new generation and decided he had more to give than receive from his relationship with this site and quit.

After all, life's too short to be pissed off all the time. Especially if you have an attractive wife and access to copious amounts of quality booze.

In any event, I wouldn't worry about his personal health/safety. I'm sure that he's fine.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Bitten my tongue... until now. A4s was the abolute worst violator of this principle, as many have already articulated. The pressure applied against him (by me and others) was a result of his nearly continuous spewing of hatred and vitriol toward anyone who had another point of view. You all know what I'm talking about. While he and I have had some ugly words exchanged here, it's nothing compared to the complete insanity he has presented to me via IM. I've said it before - I'm glad he's gone. Yeah, he's had some amazing experiences and I've enjoyed his stories, but those days ended years ago. All he's been good for lately is hate and self-righteous indignation. Bring back the A4s circa 2005. If it's the current hateful incarnation, no thanks.

Brett

Well all know I hate Brett :D Well, we certainly disagree Brett and I but on this, he is spot on. I'm not saying I'm glad A4's is gone, I'm indifferent but his attitude, anger, EGO, whatever you want to call it meant he brought hate and discontent on himself.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
To be clear: A4s was NOT a "hateful guy". I don't think that's what Brett meant. I'll leave that to him, though.

Blunt? Direct? Crotchety? Grouchy? Curmudgeony? Grumpy?

Yes. Often all of that. He is also a really nice guy, but he doesn't go to any lengths to prove that to anybody. He doesn't feel that he has to, and I respect that. I also think that he likes to preserve his image as "Grandpa Pettibone", but that's just my opinion.

I got sideways with him before, too. He said some things that I took exception to, and I came right back at him. We worked it out via PM, and both moved past it like adults. No hard feelings.

Maybe he doesn't do that anymore, but I suspect that he just feels ganged up on by a lot of the new generation and decided he had more to give than receive from his relationship with this site and quit.

After all, life's too short to be pissed off all the time. Especially if you have an attractive wife and access to copious amounts of quality booze.

In any event, I wouldn't worry about his personal health/safety. I'm sure that he's fine.

+1 - Spot on HD, that just about sums it up for me, also. Hardly anything is FOREVER! I'm not convinced A4s is gone for good. I for one, would welcome him back. Missing the bold type, unique writing style & great sense of humor.

It should be remembered that he took as much "vitriol" as he spewed... I sensed NO hatred exhibited by anyone, fellow NAs don't do that!
BzB

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"I weep for the...."
NFO.jpg

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lets see if we can draw him out.....

"The 747 is an ugly jet."

747%20freighter.jpg

Is this thing on?

KBayDog

The 747 sucks; "The Show" is a joke (as evidenced by that awful PanAm program); and NWA is a rap group...not an airline.

I'm so glad I never had to worry about selecting A4s. What a waste of metal and dead dinosaurs.