• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MIA A4sForever?

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yea, what he said. I've noticed a lot of changes since from 1974 to 2011, both good and bad.

Around the time you arrived, I retired at Lemoore in '74. Just days prior, I, along with 4 or 5 other O-4/5s were ordered to attend a 1-day Sensitivity Training Seminar (huh, wha's dat?). It consisted of a morning before a panel of African/American enlisted Sailors, who were allowed to verbally abuse/assault us regarding racial injustice, with responses from us...verboten! That was torture which would have broken any terrorist prisoner in Gitmo. I knew then that the Navy I knew was fading away, and my decision to retire earlier than planned,was a sound one.

It was...as it always has been..."When the fighting is done - the Lions are locked back in their cages"! :oops:

*One very positive change I've seen since retirement, is the vast improvement in the aircraft accident rate, especially in TacAir. I believe Sims, especially NCLT played a big part in the improvement.
BzB

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Is that anything like the old days of being accused and convicted of "contemptuous looks"? Like I said, it doesn't really matter to me one way or other. It just appears like some are rather thin skinned and are looking for a concensus of opinion rather than take it to their source of irritation.
As for your "interestingly enough, another tactic used by A4's", comment, are you accusing me of not thinking for myself?
Yes I am quite aware of distinctions and am rather facile in the english language. So, are the moderators now the facilitators of who is correct and who isn't? Or, whose posts are correct or not? As I said, if someone doesn't like a post or person, they have the ability of hitting NEXT and avoiding the heartburn.
I'm really not interested in further discussion about A4's attitude or postings. He has his, I have mine.
Semper Fi
Rocky

Rock,
This seems to be moving towards a freedom of speech and censorship issue...

We should always remember that while 1st amendment rights are all well and good, this website is a private enterprise and the mods have every right to censorship and arbitration.

Nothing stops anyone from being vulgar, disrespectful, crass, etc. But I think what Brett is getting at is that this is a forum for professional Naval Aviators and users should act accordingly. Or face the music of the mods. That being said Brett also pointed out that as a policy the mods dont ban someone just because they dont like them, though some have been known to do that.

FlyinRock

Rock,
This seems to be moving towards a freedom of speech and censorship issue...

We should always remember that while 1st amendment rights are all well and good, this website is a private enterprise and the mods have every right to censorship and arbitration.

Nothing stops anyone from being vulgar, disrespectful, crass, etc. But I think what Brett is getting at is that this is a forum for professional Naval Aviators and users should act accordingly. Or face the music of the mods. That being said Brett also pointed out that as a policy the mods dont ban someone just because they dont like them, though some have been known to do that.
Thanks and I appreciate that. And thanks for your thoughtful reply.
Semper Fi
Rocky

brownshoe

Contributor
Oh, and doesn't it have three carbs? Or am I thinking of the wrong model?
1962 was the only year to have three Skinners Union carbs. Last year for side curtains too! (Thank God!)

I met The Chief for lunch on Monday he brought the car but not the girl. :(tmpphppa1Lvf.jpg

brownshoe

Contributor
The BASTARD!!! :eek: :)
Yeah, I mean heck? I had to sit there and eat lunch, with The Chief, all alone!!! Nah, it’s always fun. AND, it was John’s turn to buy. :D

You guys should be so lucky. The Chief has been a few places and done a few things, some great stories. If any of you are ever in the D.C. area look us up.

Steve