• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2015 IDC Board

haimehhh

Thank you NavyOffRec. That was my interpretation as well just wanted to ensure that I wasn't missing something. Any advice on how to approach this with my OR? I want to ensure that I am being appropriately represented and my packet is going where it's supposed to?

exNavyOffRec

Thank you NavyOffRec. That was my interpretation as well just wanted to ensure that I wasn't missing something. Any advice on how to approach this with my OR? I want to ensure that I am being appropriately represented and my packet is going where it's supposed to?

realistically SWO is your best shot, so in your case I would just nod and smile.

it is funny though how your recruiter is telling you to put in for SWO and other people here are being told by their recruiters that they cannot, this makes recruiters look like they have no clue what is going on.

haimehhh

That's what I've gleaned from watching the goings on (re: my competitiveness). He was actually really pushing me towards Intel and I became more interested through speaking with a current LT. I would be thrilled with SWO or anything else I applied for.

All my OR has said in re: to SWO is that he is not aware when exactly the board will take place FEB2015, which is consistent. In any regard, thanks for the info.

plastycx

Never Giving Up
Its the upcoming waiting battle! For those of you who applied in the Sept 14 boards welcome! For those who just started, standby for an emotional rollercoaster of a forum!

exNavyOffRec

Its the upcoming waiting battle! For those of you who applied in the Sept 14 boards welcome! For those who just started, standby for an emotional rollercoaster of a forum!

you might want to switch up your choices given the current status of Intel, and the fact that IP generally only has a few spots each FY

plastycx

Never Giving Up
I saw that awesomeness last board cycle with like 50 of 450 selected. Horrible. But Im trying for the last few remaining areas I can. Of course I actually like these fields as well!! Don't really have many options being 32.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Just out of curiosity and apologies if it's been asked before, but why are you applying for AMDO if you have no previous aviation experience?

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
I saw that awesomeness last board cycle with like 50 of 450 selected. Horrible. But Im trying for the last few remaining areas I can. Of course I actually like these fields as well!! Don't really have many options being 32.

What about SWO/IDC or IW? I believe RuFiO said that Intel was closed until further notice, fyi...

plastycx

Never Giving Up
I have serious maintenance experience in my current field and I was a Army aerial equipment repair Sergeant before the Navy

plastycx

Never Giving Up
Swapping from turbine theory and operations is relatively similar just steam propulsion to jet engine propulsion

exNavyOffRec

actually that is a normal Pro Y ratio for IDC

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
They like USN aviation experience, people that have aviation maintenance certifications and such.

+1. Talking to the AMDO/AEDO Commnunity Manager they took maybe just a few AMDOs with non-Navy aviation experience. A fellow OR next to me had one picked up but he had Marine Corps Aviation experience as a helo mechanic.

plastycx

Never Giving Up
So your saying I have a chance. Gotta start somewhere, I figured it would be tough, but at this point I have to at least try!

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
Just a friendly reminder that submission of March IDC Board OCS Applications to NRC are due tomorrow the 4th. Good luck to everyone.