• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2015 IDC Board

exNavyOffRec

Below are the selection percentages for each IDC Designator:

OCEANO: 50%

OCEANO-SWO: 50%

IW: 15%

IW-SWO: 5%

IP: 7%

IP-SWO: 33%

INTEL: 17%

CWE: 7%

SWO IP is a good percentage, Oceano is really surprising, I am betting CWE included every application they review vice the people sent to interview.

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
Don't remember seeing this earlier in the thread (apologies if I missed it) - was this board exclusively for FY16, or are some of the selections intended for 15?

exNavyOffRec

Don't remember seeing this earlier in the thread (apologies if I missed it) - was this board exclusively for FY16, or are some of the selections intended for 15?

normally a board that happens in March is to close out FY 15 and pick some for early FY 16, but in this case people picked last September are being slotted for FY 16, so except for a few exceptions this board looks like it picked for mainly FY 16.

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
normally a board that happens in March is to close out FY 15 and pick some for early FY 16, but in this case people picked last September are being slotted for FY 16, so except for a few exceptions this board looks like it picked for mainly FY 16.
Thanks, that's what I'm seeing on the different threads but most of the people posting are IW or IP. Would Intel necessarily be in the same boat in terms of FY15 being mostly filled by September board, though? I don't know how tightly those communities are linked from an accession perspective.

Any 1830 selects from this board get info from their OR about potential time tables?

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
Okay, I've been keeping a lid on this until I could confirm a couple of details with my OR but I'm officially PRO-REC Y for INTEL! Given that program seemed to be totally closed a couple months ago, I'm awestruck at the turnaround in my fortunes - will admit to having all but written this thing off. Due to my age I was only able to apply for IDC and also listed IW, but was not accepted for that. It's also my second application, with a previous PRO-REC N at the AUG13 IDC board.

Although some of my stats are in my current signature, here they are for posterity:

Non-prior, age 30
OAR: 65
GPA:
Undergrad: 3.64 from Univ of MD. B.S. in Marketing and B.S. in Psychology (double major); note that I spent a couple years as an engineering student, so I have calc and physics in my transcript
Graduate: 4.0 (incomplete) from UMUC, M.S. in Data Analytics; expected graduation in 2016, so not clear how much of a factor this was
Professional experience: 7 years in marketing, business analysis, and business management with several years of supervisory experience
Extracurriculars: marching band, church choir, volunteer work for local government, parenthood
LORs: several and various (admit I lost count of the total) with many coming from aforementioned work and extracurricular experiences; Army O-6 who is a personal friend; Navy O-3 SWO; Navy O-3 doctor
Interview Appraisals: O-6 Intel (RC), O-5 Intel (RC), O-3 IW (AC); all '10' scores

A highly community-specific motivational statement and reconsideration memo

Items in bold were added between my first and second kit.

Also for posterity, here is my timeline:

December 2012: first OR contact
February 2013: ASTB
August 2013: PRO-REC N, Intel/IW
August 2014: submit my kit for SEP14 but it gets kicked back due to a policy change on transcripts; can't get new ones in time, so I missed the deadline by about 2 days
February 2015: update signatures and forms but otherwise pretty much resubmit my fall 2014 kit as-is
March 2015: PRO-REC Y, Intel (N for IW)

Still wondering if I'm going to wake up and find out this was all a dream. Given my non-prior status, non-tech degree, and previous PRO-REC N, I think it's fair to say that my kit doesn't exactly fit the ideal mold from recent selections. Looking forward to proving why the board made the right call on me!

exNavyOffRec

Thanks, that's what I'm seeing on the different threads but most of the people posting are IW or IP. Would Intel necessarily be in the same boat in terms of FY15 being mostly filled by September board, though? I don't know how tightly those communities are linked from an accession perspective.

Any 1830 selects from this board get info from their OR about potential time tables?

They didn't select many so my guess would be the same as the others, I have seen Intel wait up to 2 years in some cases.

usnavymle

Pro-Rec Y IW
I have seen Intel wait up to 2 years in some cases.
FINSEL any day now!
tumblr_inline_n9yh7d6VhE1rf43oi.jpg

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
They didn't select many so my guess would be the same as the others, I have seen Intel wait up to 2 years in some cases.
Thanks, that seems to make sense. I guess my top concerns are:

1) I'm enrolled in grad school (my PRO-REC does not seem to be contingent upon finishing my degree which would be in December 2016), and I don't want to pay for the summer semester only to get an OCS date in June/July. Or, for that matter, whether it makes sense to continue at all, since my degree will be interrupted at some point regardless...

2) I'm processing for a business management job with a civilian IC agency, where I have an offer but still working through the clearance process. If I would ship in 3-4 months I might back out of that, but if it's going to be a year or two it seems logical to keep that ball rolling.

If anyone else has any thoughts or experiences with these types of situations, I would welcome your advice. Thanks!

Thanks, that seems to make sense. I guess my top concerns are:

1) I'm enrolled in grad school (my PRO-REC does not seem to be contingent upon finishing my degree which would be in December 2016), and I don't want to pay for the summer semester only to get an OCS date in June/July. Or, for that matter, whether it makes sense to continue at all, since my degree will be interrupted at some point regardless...

2) I'm processing for a business management job with a civilian IC agency, where I have an offer but still working through the clearance process. If I would ship in 3-4 months I might back out of that, but if it's going to be a year or two it seems logical to keep that ball rolling.

If anyone else has any thoughts or experiences with these types of situations, I would welcome your advice. Thanks!
Kind of in the same situation. Just got a job offer for something that is pretty much my civilian dream job. Applied with the intent that if I didn't get picked up by the Navy I would at least be doing something I liked. I knew the odds were against me for selection and when I found out I was my head was spinning. I'm not sure when I will be sent to OCS, but I have decided to work this job and get the experience I can. I am hoping for a FY2016 OCS date so I can have about 6 months at this job. That's just what I decided.

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
Kind of in the same situation. Just got a job offer for something that is pretty much my civilian dream job. Applied with the intent that if I didn't get picked up by the Navy I would at least be doing something I liked. I knew the odds were against me for selection and when I found out I was my head was spinning. I'm not sure when I will be sent to OCS, but I have decided to work this job and get the experience I can. I am hoping for a FY2016 OCS date so I can have about 6 months at this job. That's just what I decided.
Yeah sounds like we're in about the same place. Just keep in mind that FY16 OCS classes start in late July, so it's sooner than you would think!

tommygoering

psulaw0929
Hello, I don't know if anyone on here remembers me but I started posting at the beginning of this forum and all through the last forum for the board that got cancelled in December. I was held up waiting for a medical waiver from back in October of last year. In the interim, my recruiter transferred and I couldn't find out what was going on with my package or medical. Over the last five to six months I sort of moved on to other challenges thinking that I was medically disqualified and that my package wasn't going to be submitted. Today, out of the blue, I received a voicemail from a lieutenant stating that I had been selected. I can't seem to get a hold of him and I don't know if this was a joke, or if he means that I got a "ProRec-Y," or what. I don't know if this is possible but if there is someone out there who has some way of checking to see if I received a ProRec-Y from the March board, I would be extremely grateful. Please contact me and let me know what information you need. Again, I would be very appreciative.

sbarron88

That's interesting, my recruiter just called me and told me essentially the same thing. He received confirmation that my package was submitted to the board for review, however my name is on neither column( absent from ProRec Y and Pro Rec N). Does anyone know a likely scenario where a name would not appear at all?
Same here, I called to check on my package and I was told I wasn't in either category. Just got off the phone with my NRD this morning and they said that the board is meeting early June. Not sure if this is accurate.

Same here, I called to check on my package and I was told I wasn't in either category. Just got off the phone with my NRD this morning and they said that the board is meeting early June. Not sure if this is accurate.

Elated I'm not the only one! Specifically, I was told by my OR that June 15 would be the convene date. I am not sure if it'll be plus or minus a few days though. I am a little leery of even that information however, as a few trusted voices on here on AR said this (June) IDC board, might not occur. So personally, I've got all my proverbial eggs in my SWO basket.