• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2015 IDC Board

exNavyOffRec

Huh. Well maybe I will hear something soon then. I have had my PQ letter and been granted my TS-SCI / completed SSBI for a year now. Waiting on that FS!
you might, it just depends how many of your designator they have already sent, some are very tiny so it may only take say 4 of a designator to meet the FY goal or others are big enough that it is probable that someone may get delayed due to illness which bumps someone up.

you might, it just depends how many of your designator they have already sent, some are very tiny so it may only take say 4 of a designator to meet the FY goal or others are big enough that it is probable that someone may get delayed due to illness which bumps someone up.
Fingers crossed!

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
It looks like our Pro-Rec'd 1830's (Intel) have gone from rags to riches. Going from initially not thinking their application would be looked at, to being the first to receive their Final Selects. Congrats to you girls/guys! That is awesome!

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
It looks like our Pro-Rec'd 1830's (Intel) have gone from rags to riches. Going from initially not thinking their application would be looked at, to being the first to receive their Final Selects. Congrats to you girls/guys! That is awesome!
This. Thinking I'd better go buy that lottery ticket before the well runs dry...

Thanks Hawaii, hope the rest of the March IDC selects are in the next wave of FINSELs.

Brett Collins

PRO-REC-Y 1830 - Mar 2015
Hey Scaevola, I've been speaking with you on reddit.

I got my Final Selection letter today and signed my Intelligence Officer Agreement this afternoon and sent it back to my CO. Luckily, I had just recently started my reinvestigation paperwork for my clearance and they sent it off two days ago. I think I'm all set for July 26th! I'll keep the updates coming as I receive them.

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
Hey Scaevola, I've been speaking with you on reddit.

I got my Final Selection letter today and signed my Intelligence Officer Agreement this afternoon and sent it back to my CO. Luckily, I had just recently started my reinvestigation paperwork for my clearance and they sent it off two days ago. I think I'm all set for July 26th! I'll keep the updates coming as I receive them.
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear the actual FINSELs are starting to move. I put in an email to my OR about that today but I haven't seen mine yet. Not sure how likely it is for my date to slip, but definitely would like to get something in writing before I put in my notice at work, drop my summer semester grad school class, send regrets to summer wedding invitations, etc.

Brett Collins

PRO-REC-Y 1830 - Mar 2015
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear the actual FINSELs are starting to move. I put in an email to my OR about that today but I haven't seen mine yet. Not sure how likely it is for my date to slip, but definitely would like to get something in writing before I put in my notice at work, drop my summer semester grad school class, send regrets to summer wedding invitations, etc.

Right there with you man. I've got some classes to drop and a move to cancel. I was glad to see that we were leaving prior to August, as my sister's wedding is in the fall.

Scaevola

Arts and Crafts SME
I received a pro-rec N. My recruiter says I have to wait 6 months to re-apply, unless something significant (like my job) changes. Any advice?
I was also pro N at my first board, before getting selected at this one. Our stats on paper look relatively similar in terms of GPA and OAR. Here's what I added between my first and second kits:
  • Officer interview appraisals: these are not required for non-AD applicants but I think they helped me to stand out (I scored well on all of them). Senior officers, O-5 or higher, in your target community are your best bet. Since you have some recommendations from similar folks, see if they can help you make connections.
  • LORs from outside of work/military: you list community service work in your profile, get some recs from there emphasizing your leadership and service.
  • Motivational statement: I scrapped mine and started over. Using the public IDC 20-year strategic plan roadmap (google it), I sold how my work experience was a good fit for the specific goals of the community. Also ran it past a few IDC officers (my interviewers from above) for comments.
  • Reconsideration memo: this is your chance to write about how you've improved yourself since your first kit, and there's no word count limit. Take on additional responsibility at work, volunteer for something new, keep working out, learn a new skill. In other words, use the time to make sure you have something to highlight in this document.
  • Education: you already have a master's degree, so maybe not as relevant. I started an MS in data analytics during my gap. It's a 2-year program so now I won't finish it, but did give me something to talk about in my recon memo.
A lot of these suggestions are qualitative and subjective so it's impossible to say the degree to which any one might or might not help. Without specific feedback, all I have to go on is the sum total of changes. And maybe it was just the luck of the draw. Hopefully this gives you some direction, though.

One last bit of advice - if you are serious about reapplying, stay on top of your recruiter as the deadline gets closer! Unless yours is really proactive, plan to keep track of the 6 months yourself and to get the ball rolling again.

TL;DR: treat failure like a scientist; research backgrounds of those selected, identify your weakest areas, address them to the best of your ability, and make your next application even better.

exNavyOffRec

I received a pro-rec N. My recruiter says I have to wait 6 months to re-apply, unless something significant (like my job) changes. Any advice?

You have what I would consider a higher GPA, good degrees (physics and math) you had LOR's from senior IDC officers so there are one of two things going on, something in your background (any legal issues) or the other guys were just a bit better. I don't say this often but I would apply again.

A new job doesn't count for significant change, it would need to be ASTB, education, I would even go with new certifications.

zacc007

I was wondering if anyone heard anything more about the IDC scheduled for June. My recruiter told me that applications were due May 12th, my kit was already in from March and still says it is at the boards (missed the March deadline by a day because of last minute medical waiver). I contacted him last week and he said he has not heard anything about them cancelling it, but they can decide last minute.

I was wondering if anyone heard anything more about the IDC scheduled for June. My recruiter told me that applications were due May 12th, my kit was already in from March and still says it is at the boards (missed the March deadline by a day because of last minute medical waiver). I contacted him last week and he said he has not heard anything about them cancelling it, but they can decide last minute.

Yeah, my OR basically told me the same thing. If by June 15th (the place holder board date) nothing happens, it will more than likely have been canceled.

HawaiiIDC

PRO-REC Y IP 1820
I am slated to attend OCS on August 16th. Hope other selectees from this board are getting excited, because the fun is right around the corner.

IT1_Mac

I am slated to attend OCS on August 16th. Hope other selectees from this board are getting excited, because the fun is right around the corner.
How did you find out about your date? I check the advancements tab on BOL daily to see if anything has changed to no avail. Do you have hard copy orders? Lastly did they advise you of anything to do prior to reporting?

Last edited: