• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 09 boards

blarged

ready
What a nightmare that would be LOL! Im not even close to being ready to pack up and leave. My work doesnt even know I applied for OCS! But if thats the case then so be it. I knew what I was signing myself up for.

Doesn't the Navy send out a questionnaire about your performance at your current place of work? They might know and are just waiting for you to bring it up, hah.

euclid83

FS SNA
Doesn't the Navy send out a questionnaire about your performance at your current place of work? They might know and are just waiting for you to bring it up, hah.

This could be the case, but I work for a fairly small business. If some investigators were to show up Im sure I would promptly be informed (or terminated). Also, Ive heard of people on AW who got a final selection prior to having their investigation complete.

Congrats Biograd and Soothersmaylive!! I think they are still interviewing people for my background but i'm not 100% sure cause I have another background going on at the same time for my clearance at work. I had everything done prior to being pro-rec'd so hopefully that speeds it up as much as it can and I hear something soon. And I'm with you Euclid, my work doesn't know about the navy but hopefully I get a lil more than a 10 day notice to get everything straightened out before leaving.

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
Got my FS Monday, so yeah, it was about a month, but I had med waiver issues that held me up a bit.
If you don't mind, could you discuss the waivers a bit more? Was it pretty routine? What were the hold ups? Anything you can do to facilitate the process?

Thanks and congratulations on FS.

SoOthersMayLive

pilot
Why the disparity in class dates? One guy who got FS is going to OCS in 10 days, but your date is later?

I think my posts were a bit cryptic and confusing. What I should have said was that I got my final select and I am leaving for Newport in 10 days and classing up on May 10th. Biograd and I are in the same class.

Speaking of which, we have a class facebook page Biograd. You should join up. We are trying to figure out where everyone is going to stay the night prior and where we should all meet up for dinner and drinks and what not. The group name is:
US Navy OCS Class 10 May 2009

Double_A

I received my final select about a week and a half ago and swore in last Friday. Mine may be a little different though since I was BDCP.

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
My OR just received my Physical Qualification letter today. Now my waiver is through, I just have to get a date for OCS. Sounds like June and July are pretty full so I will most likely be going in August. One last summer of youth to enjoy, just have to stay out of trouble. :icon_smil

jorgelito

PRO-REC INTEL
My OR just received my Physical Qualification letter today. Now my waiver is through, I just have to get a date for OCS. Sounds like June and July are pretty full so I will most likely be going in August. One last summer of youth to enjoy, just have to stay out of trouble. :icon_smil
Hi Makk, did it take long to get the waiver? I'm waiting for a waiver now too (for a previous hand injury, though my recruiter and the MEPS doc didn't think it was a big deal, more of a formality). Are waivers hard to get do you know?

So close to FS yet...

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
Hi Makk, did it take long to get the waiver? I'm waiting for a waiver now too (for a previous hand injury, though my recruiter and the MEPS doc didn't think it was a big deal, more of a formality). Are waivers hard to get do you know?

So close to FS yet...
Mine wasn't nearly as painful of a process as I thought it was going to be. The waiver process has added about 3-4 weeks onto the process for me.

You have to wait for them to set up your extra visit to meps for the waiver, go to meps, then wait for the paperwork to get its final signoff after meps has determind you to be physically qualified for the waiver. Expect a one day visit for you + 3-4 weeks of paper pushing and waiting.