• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 09 boards

The Renegade

LT, SC, USN
Question,
I just found out today that I was pro reced for NFO in addition to SNA. Funny since I didn't put NFO on my application (interesting). It was pilot or nothing. I am 200% positive I didn't, since you need to know the codes for the application and I didn't ask for NFO. Anyway, do they let you choose which one you want? I really don't want this pro rec because I don't want to be a NFO, hence me not putting it on my application. Should I try to get it deleted from my package?
Kat

Don?t worry, you will stay SNA. You will get your first choice, not your second.

The Navy is in need of NFOs very, very bad. Your OR probably just put it on there just incase you were not picked up for SNA or something. I wish I put NFO instead of SWO :(. Supply is my first choice, but and I left the 3rd option blank.

:eek: Hold up!!! If you were told you were picked up for NFO, this means the board results are out for April???

That's crazy, but at least you got the choice that matters to you most SNA. My OR tried convincing me to put NFO down but I told him no and he told me all of us pilots are the same when it comes to choosing what they want..lol. Hopefully in a few weeks we'll start getting some dates, til then I'm enjoying my trip to Daytona (beats the crummy weather of DC) for work.

dsevo

I just did MEPS yesterday, so now I'm just waiting for FS. I'm really excited about getting out of here and starting something new.

DHudock

I realized now why the PRT is the new way. My OR is not having me do my PRT until AFTER I have been Pro-Rec'd. His reasoning is that PRT Scores are no longer considered in the boards. It was taking so much of his time doing the PRT for EVERY applicant, and now the new rules are that you have to get Pro-rec'd before you take the PRT.

It makes sense if you think about it. After you have been pro-rec'd all that you have to do is the minimum, because it no longer goes towards the board selections.

euclid83

FS SNA
My OR told me last week he got word back that everything is a go with my application (security clearance, medical, ect). He says to expect an FS (or rejection) letter and ship date in a matter of days.

I suspect that pretty soon we will be hearing of more final selects, as well as some pissed off people with hold-ups. Congrats biograd on your final acceptance.

biograd06

Princess of the Pulpmill
Thanks! Last week was a bitch trying to get everything straightened out, but I did, eventually.
Matter of days, huh? LOL maybe you'll end up in my class, May 10th!

euclid83

FS SNA
What a nightmare that would be LOL! Im not even close to being ready to pack up and leave. My work doesnt even know I applied for OCS! But if thats the case then so be it. I knew what I was signing myself up for.