• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 09 boards

ianamm

who do I call...

I think you should have heard something now for swo and definitely nfo and I'm not sure when the intel results came out. Call your recruiter and ask and if he can't do anything sometimes you have to take it into your own hands since it is your future not theirs.

I've talked to him many times and even told him that I know other people have heard back about SWO and NFO. He just keeps telling me will let me know as soon as he hears anything. Not sure if your allowed to call the review board, not sure how that would fly. Guess I just keep waiting...

I think you can call the district office.....Do a search on this here because I have seen several instances in the past few months where the same situation has happened. I suggest doing the search to see what you can find, giving him a call tomorrow and if he still doesn't know anything or can't give you anything then look into trying a different channel.(my 2 cents)

ianamm

I think you can call the district office.....Do a search on this here because I have seen several instances in the past few months where the same situation has happened. I suggest doing the search to see what you can find, giving him a call tomorrow and if he still doesn't know anything or can't give you anything then look into trying a different channel.(my 2 cents)

Thanks for the advice, Ill give it a try.

biograd06

Princess of the Pulpmill
Bad vision = eye consult. In my case, EXTREMELY poor vision. So they wanted to make sure I had no pathological eye problems.

kat27

oh, okay. I'm glad I have good eyes so I dont' have to bother with that. Thanks for the response.
kat

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
Got word my security clearance is done, no FS yet though. Hopefully I will know in a little over a week, if my OR's guess is accurate.

SoOthersMayLive

pilot
I hope your OR is correct. I'm a bit confused though. I already have a Secret clearance, I'm already in a flight status in the Navy as a Rescue Swimmer and Aircrewman, so my physical is more than adequate. I didn't think it would take this long.

euclid83

FS SNA
According to my OR, my security clearance has been done for a couple weeks now. Apparently the final selection time frame is just as much a mystery to my recruiter as it is to me. At least he's honest when he says he has no idea when to expect my FS. The best answer he can give me is 2 weeks to 2 months.

Yeah i'm not even bothering calling since I figure it'd be awhile. Euclid you figure out what channel you are going into yet? Hopefully FS' start coming soon, working 9 hour days in a cubicle kills me especially when AW's and ESPN are blocked.

biograd06

Princess of the Pulpmill
My OR told me on Monday that he is expecting my FS in the next couple weeks, and to expect to be in a late May/early June class. Hoping he's right, because even though I DO have AW and ESPN at work, it still sucks balls. :)

euclid83

FS SNA
Yeah i'm not even bothering calling since I figure it'd be awhile. Euclid you figure out what channel you are going into yet? Hopefully FS' start coming soon, working 9 hour days in a cubicle kills me especially when AW's and ESPN are blocked.

I just got word from my OR that all the boxes for final selection have been checked, so my FS should be coming very soon. The wierd thing is is that they deemed me PQ'd for pilot when I thought I was NPQ'd. I guess the slight astigatism in my right eye isnt a big deal. My OR is calling on monday to varify the docs havent made a mistake.

So to answer question flyn4pride, if the docs still say its okay for me to fly then Im going pilot. Otherwise its NFO. My feelings wont be hurt if I cant go pilot, either pipeline will be super awesome and I'll be thrilled either way.

I thought all the excitement and anxiety would go away once I got my pro-rec, but now that final selections are coming soon its worse than ever! This shit is starting to get real!

My OR told me on Monday that he is expecting my FS in the next couple weeks, and to expect to be in a late May/early June class. Hoping he's right, because even though I DO have AW and ESPN at work, it still sucks balls. :)

Lucky!! I'd be thrilled with a late may/early june date, though I just learned that I'm supposed to be going to hawaii and alaska for work in june which would be totally awesome even though I was in alaska last may. But I think I'd much rather be on my way to rhode island to get this party started. Euclid that's sweet if you are able to fly, but you are right either pipeline is awesome.

kat27

Question,
I just found out today that I was pro reced for NFO in addition to SNA. Funny since I didn't put NFO on my application (interesting). It was pilot or nothing. I am 200% positive I didn't, since you need to know the codes for the application and I didn't ask for NFO. Anyway, do they let you choose which one you want? I really don't want this pro rec because I don't want to be a NFO, hence me not putting it on my application. Should I try to get it deleted from my package?
Kat