• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Liberal Arts School?

MasterBates

OHMIGOD!! You have UNDERGROUND SHIRTS at the academy?!?!??

YOU REBELS!

This post brought to you by someone who saw not need for underground shirts at his school.:icon_drin

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I'm getting old... There were precisely two underground t-shirts while I was there. Budweiser and Jack Daniels. Red Communist one? EAFD one? Yeah - nope.

When were you there? I know they had an absolute one in the late 90's cause I had one when the fam lived on the yard.

The cool kids had NAPS IDGAF shirts...

MrSaturn

Contributor
I have the Budweiser, absolute and severn discomfort shirts.

There was also a BOHICA one. With all of their new "Study" time I wonder what new ones will come out.

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
3. Cavt, grow up and eafd

Exactly my point...

Alright Cavt, I know you're aching to tell...which school was it?

Those know know, and those who want to know want... :icon_tong IE like I said it was one in the top 5...

Another interesting thing to note about that list was that the Coast Guard Academy was ranked top in its division.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I just like the fact that I now have something to hold above the Academy guys when it comes to their whining about how great their college education was since my alma mater was in the top 5
Exactly my point...

Actually, that was not your point, unless you speak a different language than the rest of AW.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I'm throwing the poseur flag on this bitch. Your school may be in the top 5, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Just to clear up what may not have been obvious, the difference between a liberal arts college and a university, is that the University is research oriented and offers graduate degrees, while a liberal arts college is geared towards offering undergraduate degrees.

Liberal arts encompasses the study of theology, literature, languages, philosophy, history, mathematics, and science.

phrogpilot73

Just to clear up what may not have been obvious, the difference between a liberal arts college and a university, is that the University is research oriented and offers graduate degrees, while a liberal arts college is geared towards offering undergraduate degrees.

Liberal arts encompasses the study of theology, literature, languages, philosophy, history, mathematics, and science.
Wow, you're wrong.

University - an institution of learning of the highest level, having a college of liberal arts and a program of graduate studies together with several professional schools, as of theology, law, medicine, and engineering, and authorized to confer both undergraduate and graduate degrees. Continental European universities usually have only graduate or professional schools.

Wesleyan, Colgate, Washington & Lee, Bucknell, Furman, Sewanee, Richmond, DePauw... All Universities, and all have a Liberal Arts programs. University and Liberal Arts are not mutually exclusive.

phrogpilot73

He never said they were mutually exclusive.

Perhaps he meant to word it differently, but by comparing the differences - he's suggesting that they can't be the same...