• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

LEO CARBINE - need input

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, I know in NYC it's not such a good idea, but is NY state just as bad? Maybe I need to get a new girlfriend? (She only wants to live in NYC or Miami) :)
My life will be so unfulfilled...

NYC's laws are more restrictive, but NY's aren't exactly anything to brag about.

Only Miami or NYC? Tell her there are better places to live.

Scotty-O

Due to the government,I feel over-stimulated.
NYC's laws are more restrictive, but NY's aren't exactly anything to brag about.

Only Miami or NYC? Tell her there are better places to live.
Tell me about it! Hopefully, once I get into USCG flight school (fingers crossed) and get stationed elsewhere afterwards, the issue will settle itself. ;)

MasterBates

If she wants to restrict you to exile in North Cuba (nice to visit, but I could not live there) or the urban hell that is NYC, find yourself a new girlfriend.

If she is that restrictive on that, that is just the beginning, and she will kick, scream, and yell about any other place you go.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gun laws are wacky in California but the OC is nice.

Wacky? They're Draconian. I'm not sure which are worse... MA or CA. MA required a license to own a gun.. but you could still buy AR-15s, etc. CA? Christ.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
RIGHT, Chuckster ... so where do I buy one ???? :)

O.C.C.%209.25%20GAS%20PISTON%20WEAPON%20SYSTEM%203.JPG

Here:

http://www.pof-usa.com/

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
^ And I guess that's the place to go since the H&K's are severely or totally "restricted" and even questionable for a civilian to own (?). I.e., some full-auto parts in the mix ...

But it's still not the "real deal" -- an H&K .... *sigh* .... maybe I'll investigate it -- thanks.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
^ And I guess that's the place to go since the H&K's are severely or totally "restricted" and even questionable for a civilian to own (?). I.e., some full-auto parts in the mix ...

But it's still not the "real deal" -- an H&K .... *sigh* .... maybe I'll investigate it -- thanks.

They have a 16" civ legal complete rifle...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
They have a 16" civ legal complete rifle...
Right ... I was referring to the H&K 416 variants in my "civilian legal" comment ... but then, I gotta ask myself:

Since I'm not going to rock 'n roll (can't: Washington state and the Territory) and I've been shooting AR variants since the late '60s/early '70s without a stoppage of any kind (except for the .22 cal mod) ... do I really need a piston rifle??? Hmmmmmmmm .... ??? It looks "mean" ... and I like new tech weapons, at least to try 'em .... but .... I'm already AR-fat .....

The gas impingement system works fine if you are only shooting semi-auto, use quality ammo, and keep the rifle clean ... :) ...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....Since I'm not going to rock 'n roll (can't: Washington state and the Territory) ... :) ...
Speaking of which ... how many of you boys know how to rock 'n roll --- like the Feds teach in their "tactical schools"? With a totally street legal, no modification, off the shelf, non NFA semi-auto firearm --- just technique ???

Empty a 30 round AR magazine in 3-4 seconds? From the hip. Aimed fire is a little more challenging, technique-wise .... :):eek:

Not going into details, but may we have a show of hands ..... ??? :sleep_125

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Speaking of which ... how many of you boys know how to rock 'n roll --- like the Feds teach in their "tactical schools"? With a totally street legal, no modification, off the shelf, non NFA semi-auto firearm --- just technique ???

Empty a 30 round AR magazine in 3-4 seconds? From the hip. Aimed fire is a little more challenging, technique-wise .... :):eek:

Not going into details, but may we have a show of hands ..... ??? :sleep_125

Bump firing is lame. It wasn't so bad when 7.62x39 was $75/1000, but now, not so much.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Bump firing is lame. ....
Like ... whatever .... I've never been too concerned with the $$$ for ammo ---- if you can't afford it, you shouldn't be shooting it.

Just a show of hands, please .... :) Whatever .... :sleep_125

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Like ... whatever .... I've never been too concerned with the $$$ for ammo ---- if you can't afford it, you shouldn't be shooting it.

Just a show of hands, please .... :) Whatever .... :sleep_125

I've used that technique with my SKS 30 round mags. Never timed it, but I'm probably getting 5-6 rounds per second. Sure it's a waste of ammo, but it is fun. Like A4s said, I can afford a little fun once in a while.

Brett

Carno

Insane
Is bump firing even tactically effective though?

Seems like you'd have to be really close and shooting at a mob of people for it to be even a little bit effective.

That being said, I've never done it or seen anyone do it, so I have no experience with it except reading about it.