• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

LEO CARBINE - need input

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Is bump firing even tactically effective though?

No. In fact full auto is rarely the best tactical option for anything other than covering fire and force projection. Bump firing is just fun, and another way to simulate FA by using the recoil of the weapon to "bump" it off your finger.

Carno

Insane
Right, that's what I figured, I just didn't understand why the Feds would teach it.

I'd like to try it, but alas I do not own a rifle.

Old NFO

None
It IS fun though... I put about 7 30 rounders through my new "toy" that way just to get everything to seat correctly after douching it good with CLP:D

OBTW A4, I went a little different route than you did- Wilson upper/lower, ARMS rail system (free floated barrel), EOTech 1 mil sight, and co-registered pop up rear sight. Works good, shoots a 3 inch 10 shot group at 100x so I won't have any more excuses in 3-Gun:D

Attachments

• M4 8 06 small.JPG
    M4 8 06 small.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 116

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
IOBTW A4, I went a little different route than you did- Wilson upper/lower, ....

How do you like the WILSON lower/upper???

And I'm not talkin' about volley balls .... I got some of his mags many year ago and .... the verdict:

Overhyped and overpriced.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

And I'm not talkin' about volley balls .... I got some of his mags many year ago and .... the verdict:

That about sums up anything made by Bill Wilson save for his mags. Even then, the Chip McCormick's are just as good and cheaper.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I dn't know if you are talking AR mags or just in general - but the general concensus in the 1911 pistol community is that Wilson's 1911 mags are the best there is - specifically the 8 round model 47D. My personal experience doesn't contradict that - and when you consider that MARSOC, and I would guess every other 1911 carrying US Military operator (Delta? NSW?) seem to use the same as evidenced by his open contract with USSOCOM to supply pistol mags for the 1911.

images%5Cproducts%5C47D.jpg

Old NFO

None

Well, I didn't pay retail :D Also, my retired USMC armourer built it for me out of "parts" that he knew worked, so I like it fine:D I use Wilson mags in my Ed Brown, as Brown no longer makes the 8 rounders for the 1911 and I have never had a problem with them either. I know a lot of people don't like Bill, but I've never had a problem with either him or his products. I will admit, he can get his ass up on his shoulders occasionally, but no worse than most of the other suppliers out there. Also I've found you do get a pretty honest answer from him, maybe not the one you want, but an answer

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Yeah I can't speak t what kind of guy Wilson is - but the 1911 magas he makes appear to be winners.

So does he make AR mags?

Old NFO

None
Yeah I can't speak t what kind of guy Wilson is - but the 1911 magas he makes appear to be winners.

So does he make AR mags?
Nope- Best AR mags are H&K, but they are EXPENSIVE!!! $54.00 each but much better construction than anything on the market and the followers are in tracks so they don't get out of position.

skidz

adrenaline junky
HK made a better version of our M-4 a while back, but it's name escapes me at the moment. Supposedly it is an absolutely excellent weapon. Anybody know more about this?

edit - I found this site that tell much about this rifle, still don't know much about it.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nope- Best AR mags are H&K, but they are EXPENSIVE!!! $54.00 each but much better construction than anything on the market and the followers are in tracks so they don't get out of position.

I've never had a problem with any of my USGI mags (green or black followers), but if you want to spend $50+ on a magazine that solves a non-existant problem, go right ahead.