• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

LEO CARBINE - need input

Old NFO

None
I've never had a problem with any of my USGI mags (green or black followers), but if you want to spend $50+ on a magazine that solves a non-existant problem, go right ahead.
I have NOT been that lucky- I went through about 10-12 green follower AR Mags to find 4 that fed consistantly in either of my AR's. Those four are LE stamped from Center Industries, all my 20 rounders are Colt with the original metal followers.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have NOT been that lucky- I went through about 10-12 green follower AR Mags to find 4 that fed consistantly in either of my AR's. Those four are LE stamped from Center Industries, all my 20 rounders are Colt with the original metal followers.

So by extension, you spent approximately $100-120 (current market values) to get four reliable mags (nevermind how you could cheaply rebuild the other 6-8) that would cost $216 if you were to go with the HK mags. Man, I know I suck at economics and all, but damn.

Old NFO

None
So by extension, you spent approximately $100-120 (current market values) to get four reliable mags (nevermind how you could cheaply rebuild the other 6-8) that would cost $216 if you were to go with the HK mags. Man, I know I suck at economics and all, but damn.
No, I didn't spend that- I had my choice of mags, so I shot them all to find which ones worked, THOSE are the 4 that I kept. I have 2 H&K, but didn't pay $54 for them either... I have enough friends in the business that help a poor ole broke sailor out :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
......a lot of people don't like Bill (Wilson), but I've never had a problem with either him or his products. I will admit, he can get his ass up on his shoulders occasionally, but no worse than most of the other suppliers out there. Also I've found you do get a pretty honest answer from him, maybe not the one you want, but an answer
Same experience ... I had a couple of phonecons and met him a couple of times at matches/shows ... it's gotta be @ 15 years ago ... i.e., just before he got "big", or at least "commercially big" :) ... and he was willing and able to discuss and help on all the above occasions .... I would not put him into the "difficult" category.

wutzu

Perhaps a retarded question, but can any of these ARs be purchased by a CA citizen, for use in CA?

Yes, with certain caveats.

I bought 2 AR recievers last january, and the CADOJ estimates 30,000 recievers have been bought legally in the state in the past year. These are totally normal lower recievers, not FAB-10s, CA-Bushmasters, or any other neutered weapons.

ARs in california have to fall into one of two categories:
1. no "evil features", which means no forward grips, flash hiders, or telescoping stocks. it also means that the evil pistol grip on your AR will have to be hacksawed off or replaced with a CA-legal grip (still need a little piece of it there to hold the selector detent spring)

2. Fixed magazine. Using one of several kits, you can have all the telescoping stocks, forward grips, and flash hiders you want, and just have to break open the action to reload.

For more info on this, check out http://calguns.net

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ To pile on for info purposes, there's an active duty military exemption available for most of the AR restrictions in CA. It'll cost you ~$70 every year, but it's an option nonetheless.

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ To pile on for info purposes, there's an active duty military exemption available for most of the AR restrictions in CA. It'll cost you ~$70 every year, but it's an option nonetheless.

Brett

Yep, PM me for the info. It applies to non-residents only.