• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leaving Vietnam vs AFG

Wareal

Contributor
Neither of those individuals serves in a cabinet level position (not Senate confirmed, nor in the Presidential line of succession), nor was Susan Rice, as a domestic policy advisor, likely consulted on Afghanistan policy. Nice try.

You've quoted me twice recently, not understanding my point, intentionally omitting or ignoring the intent of my whole post. Then you expect me to explain myself to you. Why do you suppose I mentioned Rice and Sullivan? If you can't figure it out, I stated exactly why in my post.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I trust the Tulsa World to have contacts in an OK congressman’s office staff. It seems like a reputable paper for local news, and congressional offices are usually quick to refute fake news (i.e. if the congressman was really CONUS when a newspaper is reporting he is in Central Asia). The other link, not so much.
There's a great WaPo story on that topic today.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You've quoted me twice recently, not understanding my point, intentionally omitting or ignoring the intent of my whole post. Then you expect me to explain myself to you. Why do you suppose I mentioned Rice and Sullivan? If you can't figure it out, I stated exactly why in my post.
I understand your point quite clearly. I'm merely impugning your credibility. I suppose I could have sarcastically posted "BUT HILLARY... BUT BENGHAZI!!! OMG!!", but I think the approach I took was much more effective in communicating my point. Hope that's helpful.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Here unto everyone is being officially notified that their threads have been deleted. The thread is about AFG. Please stay on topic.

taxi1

pilot
Here’s why I think we were doomed.

The AFG was monumentally corrupt. So corrupt that the money we provided to pay their military was siphoned off while their military fought without getting paid. Many Afghans got very rich while others fought and died.

I don't know that it is possible to go into a 3rd world country with 1st world money and not corrupt it, frankly.

Of course, the AFG was not even included in the February 2020 negotiations we held with the Taliban to determine the future of Afghanistan. To repeat, we didn’t even invite the AFG to join in the negotiations to figure out what was going to happen to their country. That’s a pretty big wtf moment.

To the extent that someone should have been representing the actual Afghan people at the Doha negotiations, there was no one. If the AFG had been there, there still wouldn't have been anyone representing the people.

So when it is time for us to leave, and we are depending on the corrupt AFG to hold things together until we’ve crossed the horizon, fighting and dying to keep the Taliban off, guess what they did? They shanked us. Like we did to them in Doha. I doubt they forgot.

As per the Doha Agreement, the Taliban actually did negotiate a lasting peace, they just did it city by city, buying off the leaders without a fight. We got outmaneuvered.

Meanwhile the actual Afghans are screwed.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
My posts were deleted as well. Just stop it. You guys are not martyrs.

Didn't claim to be. Glad to see the mod team applying their rules regarding keeping the Afghanistan thread on topic to everyone equally.

maybe that'll carry over to the other threads, but I doubt it with the quality of a few of the mods.

Pags

N/A
pilot
This one should bring a smile to a few faces. Strange world...

Sad trombone noise.

But as I mentioned earlier I can sure see their reasoning in that the equipment was the property of the AFG government and the Taliban is now the AFG government. It was sovereign property of another nation.

Also a raspberry noise for the newspaper talking about aircraft hangers.