• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leaving Vietnam vs AFG

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
...and don't get me started on why the PRC wouldn't immediatly take advantage of the situation to seize Taiwan. I sincerely hope we are actively deterring Xi from this. If we ever needed a Navy, its now.

jmcquate

Contributor
I considered it…from a historical perspective…but there aren’t that many good parallels. When I was writing for CFLCC Afghanistan I was about the only person saying to stay away from the Vietnam perspective.
Agree, with the exception of that things go to shit pretty quickly when U.S. airpower goes away.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
“The Afghan Security Forces have the capacity to sufficiently fight and defend their country…” - Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, July 21, 2021

Not quite a month later:

No word on whether he’s talking about Afghan terrorists or white rage, because that seems to be what this assclown spent most of his time on.

SlickAg

pilot
“The Taliban is not the south—the North Vietnamese army. They're not—they're not remotely comparable in terms of capability. There's going to be no circumstance where you see people being lifted off the roof of a embassy in the—of the United States from Afghanistan. It is not at all comparable...”

-President Joseph R. Biden, 8 July 2021

SlickAg

pilot
I literally can’t wait until the usual suspects come on here and start simping for the civilian, military, and DOD leadership in this debacle. Of course, they’ll blame Orange Man, the GOP, Fox News, Alex Berenson, and Ben Shapiro for this disaster and come up with every reason under the sun to NOT blame the very people they love and admire so much.

“I went to War College (or did JPME I online) and goshdarnit, I KNOW how things like this work! This is Trump’s fault!”

robav8r

None
Contributor
I literally can’t wait until the usual suspects come on here and start simping for the civilian, military, and DOD leadership in this debacle. Of course, they’ll blame Orange Man, the GOP, Fox News, Alex Berenson, and Ben Shapiro for this disaster and come up with every reason under the sun to NOT blame the very people they love and admire so much.

“I went to War College (or did JPME I online) and goshdarnit, I KNOW how things like this work! This is Trump’s fault!”
Orange Man is bad, and his policies were worse. Oh, and Masks Work !!!