• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leaving Vietnam vs AFG

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Whatever one thinks of her, why would the VP comment on this? Not really her role. How many times did Walter Mondale comment publicly about the Iran hostage crisis before he started running for President?
Any other VP I'd agree. In general, I agree. But she has been anointed. First woman VP, first black VP. She has broken the glass ceiling. She is an icon of feminism. The media would want her to talk.

Wareal

Contributor
My point was that she personally wants to be as far away from all of this as humanly possible to avoid any possible splatter from the shit hitting the fan.

I was implying that she may have reason to believe that there could be a resignation or 25th Amendment action soon.

This can be dismissed as right wing propaganda, however, the VP has been visible standing behind POTUS in every presser until last Friday.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Any other VP I'd agree. In general, I agree. But she has been anointed. First woman VP, first black VP. She has broken the glass ceiling. She is an icon of feminism. The media would want her to talk.
I disagree. If she even runs in 2024, she won’t be the nominee.
This can be dismissed as right wing propaganda,
Jack Posobiec is the “source?“ why even post this kind of nonsense?

Wareal

Contributor
I disagree. If she even runs in 2024, she won’t be the nominee.

Jack Posobiec is the “source?“ why even post this kind of nonsense?

Perhaps, because "...however, the VP has been visible standing behind POTUS in every presser until last Friday."

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You parsed my statement. I quoted (myself) the part you omitted. It's my personal observation; so yes, it's my truth. The point is, she's an empty suit who suffers from a self-aggrandizing addiction.
What does this even mean? You posted a story that used Jack Posobiec as a source, so my confidence in your ability to discern fact from fiction is diminished. Whether or not she has attended all but the most recent presser, I do not know, but drawing wild conclusions about it, if it is factual, doesn’t bolster my confidence in your ability to process information objectively.

Random8145

On the first point, we agree. Because the policy didn’t stop at just kill terrorists, that’s where we went astray. 100 percent on the Bush admin there. I’ve been listening to a lot of post-mortems over the last few days from NatSec folks from across the spectrum. Let’s also not forget the significant impact of starting another major, higher priority conflict next door in 2004. Setting aside the myriad reasons that move was a disastrous policy blunder, it diverted a lot of the resources from that effort, crippling it further. So, let’s review… Bush admin sets out on an impossible task, then shoots themselves in the foot by starting a second war. Tell me again how this isn’t the Bush administration’s fault?

Well I was referring to Bush going into Afghanistan, not his going into Iraq. Also maybe the outcome in Afghanistan would have been far different if Iraq had not been invaded because as you said it diverted significant resources. On the other hand, who knows, then maybe Saddam Hussein would have done his best to inhibit us in Afghanistan as well...? I don't know if overthrowing Hussein was a "disastrous" policy blunder, but it was extremely foolish to think one could just invade a country that wasn't really a country and overthrow the strongman and then quickly turn it into a liberal democracy. But even though it took a lot longer then expected, in the end (prior to the Obama admin letting ISIS take over), I'd say it was more a success that had just taken far more time and resources then initially expected. But Hussein was done away with and he might be far more dangerous today if still around. Not saying this justifies the cost of having gone in though.

SlickAg

pilot
@Wareal he either discounts, doesn’t know, or doesn’t care that Poso claims to have sources inside the WH. Given what he’s posted before and then having seen most of those things more or less be confirmed, I’m inclined to believe that he does have those sources.