• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June/ July/ Aug 2014 SNA & NFO Boards

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Hey all just wanted to check in here. I had my week of feeling down about myself after my kit not making the last board, but back on the horse now. So after reading back through last boards thread, everything I gather is that our kits nee to be PROBOARD about a month prior to the board actually meeting, is this correct? The reason I ask is that as of last week I was still "at PM" so should I start bugging my processor to followup on why I'm still "at PM" instead PROBOARD?

Much apply.
Such ProRec.
So June.
Wow
Wow, I burst out laughing.

CAJ0520

Hey all just wanted to check in here. I had my week of feeling down about myself after my kit not making the last board, but back on the horse now. So after reading back through last boards thread, everything I gather is that our kits nee to be PROBOARD about a month prior to the board actually meeting, is this correct? The reason I ask is that as of last week I was still "at PM" so should I start bugging my processor to followup on why I'm still "at PM" instead PROBOARD?.

I was under the impression that Proboard meant that a board has convened and your kit is at the board being reviewed. That's how people have been confirming NationalOPO's info on a board convening, when everyone calls their OR and they say it shows Proboard as the status. I do not know that for sure tho.

brogdawg32

At PM about 2 weeks prior to the board convening is the rule of thumb to make the board. At PROBOARD means the board is getting ready to meet and they have pulled packets from at PM to the board.

If your packet is at PM for any extended period of time before the convening date and doesn't get kicked back, your packet will be seen.

varlogkern

Well my kit was "at PM" just over two weeks before the May board met. That said people were seeing PROBOARD the first week of April. So I'm guessing the cutoff was somewhere around there. I just want to make absolute sure my kit gets seen the next available opportunity. So it seems like I should just leave it alone for now and just do my bi-monthly check in with my processor.

AaronJB

Dumb Ensign, VT-6
Well my kit was "at PM" just over two weeks before the May board met. That said people were seeing PROBOARD the first week of April. So I'm guessing the cutoff was somewhere around there. I just want to make absolute sure my kit gets seen the next available opportunity. So it seems like I should just leave it alone for now and just do my bi-monthly check in with my processor.

My guess regarding those who were "At PM" during the May board is that there were likely so many applications sent in prior to the May board that not all of them were reviewed. I.e., the board had a limit of X amount of applications to be reviewed and those applications that exceeded that limit were automatically left "At PM" to be pushed to the next board.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I wonder if the process is any different for fleet applicants? I'm not sure if there's any way to check our application status after it's scanned and sent. All I think we get is a confirmation that our kit has been accepted.

cb812

SNA
My guess regarding those who were "At PM" during the May board is that there were likely so many applications sent in prior to the May board that not all of them were reviewed. I.e., the board had a limit of X amount of applications to be reviewed and those applications that exceeded that limit were automatically left "At PM" to be pushed to the next board.

Just another reason to submit your application AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Time is your friend.

varlogkern

Just another reason to submit your application AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Time is your friend.
No kidding. And I couldn't agree more.

Okay that fits with the timeline then. So that mean kits that didn't make boards first to second week of April means that the cutoff was somewhere around there. So even if my kit had of been uploaded the last week of March it would have been really close.

Heres to hurry up and wait :D

Last edited:

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
Just got word from NRD that the next board will be in July as there is a C.O.C in June.

Hurry....up....and....wait.

Thanks for the info. I am hoping to have my application sent in on or before July 1st. Not sure if this will be enough time to make the board. We shall see.

CAJ0520

Thanks for the info. I am hoping to have my application sent in on or before July 1st. Not sure if this will be enough time to make the board. We shall see.
I learned with mine that it takes 1 month from the time you sign your last document to when it is available for use at a board. So count on one month at least of processing, assuming there were no errors. You should shoot for having it in tomorrow. In all seriousness go out of your way to get it done as soon as possible or you risk waiting another 3-4 months, and who likes waiting?