• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June/ July/ Aug 2014 SNA & NFO Boards

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
Pro Y. Just got the call
Pro rec Y out of NRD Los Angeles
Congrats to both, I'll be the congrats bot again.

Congrats on the Pro-Y, I'm hoping that I hear tomorrow! I am out of New England and we always seem to be the last to find out anything. All that matters is before the weekend. Having to wait the weekend would be rough.
Me too, I'm going to ping my processor tomorrow since I don't think my OR is even still on the DoD payroll (literally, he was leaving when I started the conversation).

EDIT: And... Page 17. Come on we're slacking.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
For the new ProRec-Y selects (and those soon to be), a few words of caution.. and hopefully, a touch of wisdom:

1. Congratulations, you have passed your biggest hurdle prior to OCS. Waiting on the board decision on ProRec for most, seemed loooong and for some, naturally involved various levels of stress because it was competitive, and you couldn't be sure of how you stacked up. Now you know. Great, celebrate a bit...then...:cool:

2. You are entering Pergatory, another period of waiting for the FS letter. Now, I have observed many board selectees go almost immediately into high stress mode (again), entering "Perg'. The wait for FS can vary from 1-6 months depending on pipeline flow. This wait requires patience, but stressing is unnecessary. Barring unforeseen medical/legal issues, or change of mind/heart... YOU'RE IN! The key to "stress free" is, that at this point, you are no longer in competition with the other selectees (the dreaded XX% selection rate), you're all Pals & future Shipmates looking forward together to that coveted FS letter and OCS date.;).

3. During this period, try to continue a somewhat normal life, working/playing/hobbies/sports/social life - whatever. Put aside time to get/stay in shape, stay out of trouble, check in here on AW regularly, and be somewhat ready to wrap up your affairs in case you get an early unexpected OCS seat!:eek:

Congratulations again to all the new selectees, and GOOD LUCK on your fantastic Navy voyage.:)
BzB, AW Gray Eagle:cool:

CAJ0520

For the new ProRec-Y selects (and those soon to be), a few words of caution.. and hopefully, a touch of wisdom:

1. Congratulations, you have passed your biggest hurdle prior to OCS. Waiting on the board decision on ProRec for most, seemed loooong and for some, naturally involved various levels of stress because it was competitive, and you couldn't be sure of how you stacked up. Now you know. Great, celebrate a bit...then...:cool:

2. You are entering Pergatory, another period of waiting for the FS letter. Now, I have observed many board selectees go almost immediately into high stress mode (again), entering "Perg'. The wait for FS can vary from 1-6 months depending on pipeline flow. This wait requires patience, but stressing is unnecessary. Barring unforeseen medical/legal issues, or change of mind/heart... YOU'RE IN! The key to "stress free" is, that at this point, you are no longer in competition with the other selectees (the dreaded XX% selection rate), you're all Pals & future Shipmates looking forward together to that coveted FS letter and OCS date.;).

3. During this period, try to continue a somewhat normal life, working/playing/hobbies/sports/social life - whatever. Put aside time to get/stay in shape, stay out of trouble, check in here on AW regularly, and be somewhat ready to wrap up your affairs in case you get an early unexpected OCS seat!:eek:

Congratulations again to all the new selectees, and GOOD LUCK on your fantastic Navy voyage.:)
BzB, AW Gray Eagle:cool:

What are the steps that we have to completed to be "qualified" for a FINSEL Letter? Medical and Background check is it right? Do we have to complete a PRT before it can be issued? And for Medical do we have to go to NAMMI or is MEPS enough for the FINSEL?

Thanks for The info!

CAJ0520

Just got the PRO-Y for SNA/NFO out of New England! Called my recruiter and he checked my status in CRIMIS, he hadn't gotten the list yet, but my status showed Pro-Y

varlogkern

Just got the PRO-Y for SNA/NFO out of New England! Called my recruiter and he checked my status in CRIMIS, he hadn't gotten the list yet, but my status showed Pro-Y
Congrats!

For mine my CRIMIS status hasn't been updated from ORDPRO yet. So I'm still in the dark.

varlogkern

Pro-Rec N, will retake but highly doubt I'd make it before aging out. It's fun all, congrats to those who made it.

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
Pro Rec N. Applying again in 6 months. Congrats to everyone who's made it so far, I hope to see you all in the fleet some day! As for those up for the next board, according to NRD Phoenix, next selection will be in October. Good luck all.

exNavyOffRec

Pro Rec N. Applying again in 6 months. Congrats to everyone who's made it so far, I hope to see you all in the fleet some day! As for those up for the next board, according to NRD Phoenix, next selection will be in October. Good luck all.

This surprises me, from what you have posted you have good stats.

varlogkern

This surprises me, from what you have posted you have good stats.

This surprises me as well. I know that my scores were borderline at best, but Embry-Riddle and those ASTB scores... I'm confused.