• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June/ July/ Aug 2014 SNA & NFO Boards

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
It's a gamble either way, and no... when you retake you're stuck with the new scores (recheck this w/ NavyOff or RUFIO):).

Were it I, would stay with the 6/8/6, as it's "probable" that the next board after a low selection % board would have a significantly higher selection rate. I'd then try to improve the rest of the kit, however; that's just me. If you feel you can improve by retaking, then hit the gouge again and retest!;)
BzB
Thanks for the insight @BusyBee604, much appreciated.

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
On a brighter note, my kit just got sent out today for the projected August board. I'm not really looking forward to the wait but at least I can sit back and relax a bit. I wonder what the deciding factors were for the PRO REC Ys in this bunch.
My guess would be test scores.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
My guess would be test scores.

I dont think it's test scores because you and a few others had some pretty bad ass test scores and still got "N". With your flight time and decent GPA I'm still curious. There had to be something else they were looking at.

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
I dont think it's test scores because you and a few others had some pretty bad ass test scores and still got "N". With your flight time and decent GPA I'm still curious. There had to be something else they were looking at.
Compared to the guys that got picked up, my scores aren't good.

DDE1990

INFORMATION DOMINATOR WARRIOR OR W/E
Sigh. Missed this board waiting on an admiral's LOR. Here's hoping for an early August board. Congrats to all the Y's.

unclelou

I want to congratulate those who made the cut.
I on the other hand did not
Cheers!!!
Now onto the application for the USMC
You aint seen the last of Unclelou

exNavyOffRec

Got a big fat NO this week for SNA...... Thanks MEPS for delaying my physical for almost 2 months which pushed me out of the May board. Congrats to all who were picked up this round!! "Whose butt did you kiss to get in here?!"

I'll see the rest of you at the next one!

T

Some data for all, in the past when the selection rate would vary between 25-75% I never saw a person picked up who had a 5 or 6 on the PFAR or FOFAR, never saw a person denied with an 8 or 9, and those with 7's were 50/50, at my NRD we submitted a lot of people.

During the same time there were a few on this board accepted with a 6 and there were some not accepted with an 8 or 9, but I do know a few of the 8's and 9's had issues (drug/legal)

Ajtielk

Got pro-rec Y supply today! Was hoping to hear about NFO just to have the option, but since supply was my first choice,I guessI didnt even get seen by the NFO board according to my recruiter. As much as I would have loved to have flown planes, supply fits well with my degree and im ecstatic to join the Navy regardless! Congrats to all! Let the Independence Day Celebrations begin!

FROG14

Naval Aviator
Some data for all, in the past when the selection rate would vary between 25-75% I never saw a person picked up who had a 5 or 6 on the PFAR or FOFAR, never saw a person denied with an 8 or 9, and those with 7's were 50/50, at my NRD we submitted a lot of people.

During the same time there were a few on this board accepted with a 6 and there were some not accepted with an 8 or 9, but I do know a few of the 8's and 9's had issues (drug/legal)

There were some pretty low scores that got excepted in the May board, but with this low of a selection rate you have to have great scores. My scores are pretty average. Im thinking I should study again and retake the ASTB before the next board.

Anyone know the process of reapplying? Can you use a lot of the old paperwork or do you start over...........?

TGL78

ProRec Y SNA/NFO
I just don't understand why they take a bunch of guys at once instead of equally throughout the year. Anyone have an answer?