• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June boat players

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
There has to be the exception that proves the rule... I do know someone who was attrited after only 1 shot at it.

Now after two.... well hopefully they let you go fly something else :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
smittyrunr said:
There has to be the exception that proves the rule... I do know someone who was attrited after only 1 shot at it.
Yeah, I suppose anything is possible ... just not too likely. In the case that you have first hand knowledge of --- I suspect there were other significant student problems leading up the inglorious day --- but back to my policy: why let the STUD go to the BOAT in the first place the STUD is not "good to go" ??? Maybe some LSO was covering HIS "6" and went along with an attrite ??? The LSO gets paid to pass judgement on whether or not the STUD is ready --- but if the STUD puckers and blows it -- send 'em to the beach and --- after a little father-son talk on the ship-to-shore --- go do it again tomorrow or next month.

Personally, I always gave the STUD another boat --- didn't down too many at the boat in the first place. I either "knew" them from the field or I didn't. Plus ... I paid attention to how they were doing thruout the rest of the syllabus, not just CQ.

The only time I ever tried to "take" anyone's Wings was in the Fleet. In this particular case it was judged that I was "being too hard" ..... the pilot crashed and burned 8 months later -- dead -- but not on my watch. Makes you wonder sometimes what people's priorities are .....

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Blacky said:
Anyway, it was a blast and it was great to see that velocity vectors and digital flight instruments actually hurt your flying. Thank God the E-2 doesn't have all that crap. Yay for VSI and RADALT!

I was stranded on the boat for a bit, and spent some time on the LSO platform. Pretty much like hangin out on a party boat over there. The joke when the K-rock guys came in for the break was, “Man, they look good…Too bad that’s the only time they’ll look good!” But since some want to turn this into a who has the bigger unit contest…It was funny watching the motherhood given by the K-rock LSO’s. They babied ya’all in the groove…come on, a little power, a little off…back on...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
smittyrunr said:

I do too. They always have downs in their record prior to the boat.

Blacky

Props, baby!
pilot
BigWorm said:
They babied ya’all in the groove…come on, a little power, a little off…back on...

Really? I never heard babying from our guys. But if our paddles did, then it was because they felt that our guys' passes were worth saving. The two most heinous passes I saw came from two Meridian yoo-hoos. The first one had such a crazy drift left that, when he came to a stop, you could grab the nose wheel with one hand and touch the deck edge with the other at the same time. Another guy had a 5-second groove length. It takes me longer than that to scratch my butt, much less to fly the ball and get a good power state... maybe ya'll are so awesome that you don't need the entire 15-18 seconds. Now, I can't speak for the whole group of Kingsville guys cuz I was only out there for the first two days, but most of the sugar calls I heard were to Meridian peeps. Like, "Tango something or other, that was 5 NESA's in a row." Or, "Golf whatshisname, switch BTN 18 for Rep," after somehow planting that poor little clown-painted plane on the deck. Either way, it was a great time and I wouldn't trade it for the world. And, if, for some reason, Meridian guys were any better than us (which they're not), it would be because they have four times as long to get it right; i.e. 18-20 months versus my 5 months.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
smittyrunr said:

See, this is something that I still do not understand. How come people who cannot qual on the boat are allowed to transfer to other fixed wing communities, yet if people trying to get wings in maritime aircraft or in helos blow it they are (usually) given the boot? I'm not knocking the individuals here, I am questioning why there is a double sided policy, b/c if someone from maritime or helo land can't hack it they sure as hell aren't going to be given a second chance at tac air.

hellodollies

It doesnt really have to do with being "tac air" or not, its simply the boat. If you attrite due to CQ, chances are you can already land an aircraft at the field or else you wouldnt be there and further chances are you are above average at it. So somebody who attrites from jets or carrier props at the boat would most likely suceed with maritime or helos, plus by that time the navy has way too much money sunk in you to just seperate your entirely. Ive known 2 people now who dq'd at the boat and are now in ep-3s.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Guys, ... it's got nothing to do with "babying'" anyone ... the LSO's were given the heavy responsibility of taking you "nebbishes" --- for the first time --- to the penultimate part of Naval Aviation --- day/VFR @ USS BOAT.

Paddles was "finessing and caressing" you down the groove. Don't take it personal nor look down on anyone who got "more" of it than you --- you guys aren't good enough to knock others just yet.

You'll get a lot more of it and appreciate all the help you can get on some dark night in the Gulf or the S. China Sea when you're screwed up, the deck is pitching, the lightening is flashing all around, you have vertigo, and your NFO is screaming "YOU'RE GONNA' KILL US !!!" ... enjoy the day/VFR traps while you can.

Get ready. Nightime is coming ..... :eek:

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
cough

<- top hook

:D

you are in the presence of greatness

and no, you cannot touch me

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
Mefesto said:
Meridian didn't exactly have a stellar performance at this last boat.. I think thats what he may be refering to.

9 out 10 of us qualed from our squadron, that doesn't sound too bad to me.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Mefesto said:
....I heard there were like 4-5 DQ's in -7...

If true ... that's REALLY BAD .... someone's you-know-what is going to be in a sling for a while.

Does anyone know how ALL the VT's did ??? Of course, I have no dog in this fight --- just "LSO professional curiosity" ....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Punk said:
cough

<- top hook :D
you are in the presence of greatness and no, you cannot touch me

OUTSTANDING !!! EXCELLENT, PUNK!!! Now I suppose you will be changing your AW "callsign" to "Be Somebody" or something similar .... ??? :)

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
SM1082.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.