• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

June boat players

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocal80

Harriers
pilot
I'll be out there, 10 total from VT9, I think like 15 or so from 7. How many K-rock dudes are going?

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Punk said:
Anyone one else out there going to the June boat?

What’s up with the CU crowd? Out of all the people I can go to the boat with, I have to see you and your not so skinny buddy out there!

Blacky

Props, baby!
pilot
Yeah, I'll be there if we don't all DQ at the field. Another day like today and, well, who knows... Just remember, always lead a low, and always recenter a high ball in close. I think that's what paddles said. And if you want to take your own waveoff, just tell him that the waveoff lights were still on. They love that....

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
We've got 13 going from -21, don't know how many from -22, probably around the same. But yeah, if today gets repeated, there's gonna be ALOT fewer. Can you say heinous winds, I know I can. And as much fun as it is going delta easy, don't go knocking the gear out of battery again, mkay.

Damn straight bigworm, my skinny ass and his not so skinny. You Meridian kiddies got your mustaches or are you too cool for that, velocity vector and all?

Singer6

Konichiwa *****es
Once you get to a 'real' airplane, you won't mind the VV so much. At least you all can practice landings. I haven't done a touch and go in two months and I haven't done a left hand pass in two weeks.

Blacky

Props, baby!
pilot
You people and your velocity vectors.... Sack up and turn off the HUD. God forbid you use VSI and altimeter. Well, come to think of it... according to paddles, neither do I. Oh well, just tell them the datums were too dim. That usually works.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
pretty damn good, but the weather at Cecil was horrid, rained most of the time

the weather at the boat was beautiful though, calm seas, good winds, and only one rainstorm I had to sit through on cat 1 for 15 minutes

out of the K'rock guys (30ish), we had 3 DQ's, not sure about the Meridian guys, except the one who decided to go to idle in the wires and got awarded a cut pass and a trip home

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Punk said:
.....the weather at the boat was beautiful though, calm seas, good winds, and only one rainstorm I had to sit through on cat 1 for 15 minutes.....(and) the one who decided to go to idle in the wires and got awarded a cut pass and a trip home

CONGRATS CARRIER AVIATOR(s) !!! Now how many can say that ?? --- not too many!

And the "one" who went to idle in the wires??? There was probably more to that young pilot's day than just one pass --- but it represents a textbook solution to a textbook problem ... good for the LSO's and their testosterone levels ....

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
thank you, thank you

and now, for a bunch of pics

2wire.JPG

3wire.JPG

cats.JPG

fueling.JPG

groove.JPG

island.JPG

trap.JPG

wake.JPG

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
OUTSTANDING pix ... who took 'em? You?? I like seeing that "A", "B" (*sniff* ... and where's the "C"?? .... *sniff*) on the tails. Thank God for high-speed internet conncections, though ....

Are there people in some of the back seats?? Death Wish -- part 2???

If I squint real hard .... they almost look like TA-4's ..... :) ... right.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
A4sForever said:
OUTSTANDING pix ... who took 'em? You?? I like seeing that "A", "B" (*sniff* ... and where's the "C"?? .... *sniff*) on the tails. Thank God for high-speed internet conncections, though ....

Are there people in some of the back seats?? Death Wish -- part 2???

If I squint real hard .... they almost look like TA-4's ..... :) ... right.

those are the ones I took, got some video too

one of the CQ videos we watched in class had some TA-4's with 'C's on their tail, a slightly dated video :p

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
I’ll just say this much. I was very impressed with the enlisted personnel on the ship! I got the “listen to me” signal a bunch, especially when they had my main mount 6” from the edge of the deck - wing and all hanging over the water. Insanity is the only word that describes the intensity on the flight deck.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
BigWorm said:
.......I was very impressed with the enlisted personnel on the ship! I got the “listen to me” signal a bunch,.....Insanity is the only word that describes the intensity on the flight deck.

Worm: CONGRATS to you also --- BZ. The troops on the flight deck are some of the most "head's up" in the NAV ..... the flight deck during flight ops has been described in many ways, usually always boiling down to something akin to "controlled chaos" .... it's at once the most dangerous and most exciting place in the world to go to "work" ....

Well done on achieving your new station in life .....

Status
Not open for further replies.