• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

dreambrat18

yeah so my OR is on leave until the tenth... Still havent heard anything. I dont wanna sound like a stalker but im starting to think i have the tendencies! Checking email even though i know there wont be anything...
Patience is a virtue...

J-Har

SWO,

You are not the only one. I am still waiting on July Suppo and IW. Recruiter is still saying wait for results. "Hurry up and wait" at its finest.

ray25017

JHar,

Both SWO and IW results for July have been out for over a week... IW selected 5, I believe (out of about 50ish).

The results are definitely published.

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
Old fat man: Take your papers and put them on top of your folders.
Me: Put my paper on top of my folder.
Old fat man: (grabs my papers first) Jesus, this paper is inverted. I said on top of your folder! (which it was!!!). And you are going to be an officer?
Me: (Bite my tongue)....although I just wanted to say "fuck you."

MEPS is an experience. Try not to laugh too hard when everyone starts bragging about their ASVAB scores like 12 year olds while doing the duck walk. Which I kind of equate to people coming on here and saying "I got a 9/9/8 70 on my ASTB, is that good?" Just shake your head and walk away.

Ha. I remember doing the stupid thing of downing a cup of Starbucks and a Red Bull on my way to MEPS (I was applying for USCG intel at the time since Navy aviation was a no go due to my LASIK and intel was stocked for sometime):

Nurse: Okay I am going to draw blood.
Me: Sounds good.
(four attempts and with bruising on my arm starting)
Nurse: Wow. This is appearing to be difficult.
Me: Yeh... I think I know why...
Nurse: Caffine?
Me: Yep
(meanwhile three more attempts on the same arm and it's starting to look like the funk from "Requiem for a Dream")
Nurse: We can try the other arm.
Me: ...stellar.
(four attempts on the other arm)
Me: Can we just wait it out?
Nurse: I guess. Let me get you some water.

Thirty minutes later and at about 1530 after the last dude processed out at noon, I finally give "barely enough". She was awesome to put up with my garbage and not force me to come back.

I learned my lesson.

CashvillePlt

OVER THE LINE!
Went to MEPS today and I really only have one piece of advice for anyone who hasn't gone yet. While drinking water and only water is important before the pee test, DON'T drink a damn gallon of water before you go to the intro briefing. It was nearly an hour before we got around to the urine test and I HAVE NEVER HAD TO PISS WORSE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. I was sweating. It was horrible. :shake_125

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Went to MEPS today and I really only have one piece of advice for anyone who hasn't gone yet. While drinking water and only water is important before the pee test, DON'T drink a damn gallon of water before you go to the intro briefing. It was nearly an hour before we got around to the urine test and I HAVE NEVER HAD TO PISS WORSE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. I was sweating. It was horrible. :shake_125

Soooo were you drinking that much water so that you flush your system in order to pass the test?????

CashvillePlt

OVER THE LINE!
Haha, no. Guess I should have clarified that. I usually am pretty dehydrated when I wake up in the morning and I didn't want to wait around all morning to take the test. Guess I over did it a little.

tturaider

Pro Rec SNA
I spent two hours waiting at MEPS because two guys couldn't urinate in public so they made a group of us wait for them.

The stories you hear there, "Going to the army so I don't go to jail"
"need a psych consult, again"

ray25017

July's intel results are out, in case anyone else is interested (I was pro recd, thank goodness)... one wait ends and yet another begins...

mtt706

First post on Air Warriors. This place is a great resource. I applied for SWO, Intel, and Supply for the Navy's BDCP program. I got denied for all 3. Tough competition. Here are my stats.

GPA: 3.53 Business Administration/Finance and Management Concentration with Political Science minor (Bryant University).

LoRS: college professor and mentor, uncle who is a USMC colonel, college academic advisor, business partner, and a former employer. I saw all of these and they were very solid.

Experiences: currently running my own custom computer company since 2007, SEO analyst intern, and a marketing intern back in freshman year at a company supplying pumps to US Navy ships.

Activities: Chair of PR board in school's largest club, former student ambassador, finance club member

ASTB: (I think this is what caused the denial, but what do you all think?) 47/3/4/3?

Essay: I spent a lot of time on it, but I am not sure if it was the right direction.

PRT: Not done yet, but already finished MEPS and background check.

I am going for the September boards for sure. Let me know if you guys see an obvious weak spots. Thanks all and good luck. Congrats to those accepted this month.

ray25017

MTT,

I was selected for intel and I think what helped me was getting LORs from actual Navy intel officers (which my recruiter helped set up). My OAR wasn't genius-grade, either (OAR 51). I think you should really scrub your motivational statement and indicate how your motivation to serve the Navy is rooted in your ability to think analytically -- a skill critical in any intelligence-centric position. Lastly, it's a little late for the September Boards, but grad school courses are always a good thing. I applied with just a B.S. (GPA 3.4) last year and was rejected. Pounded out a master's in Info Tech (online through Capella - GPA 3.6) and was selected. All in all, your stats seem solid... I think you'll get something the next go round for sure...

Good luck,
Ray

mdkaboom

Well I know I'm a little late to the party and the board already met, but here are statisticals:
AM2 (AW)
28 years of existence
7.5 active duty
AWARDS:
NAM, MUC, GC X2, B-E X2, S.S., AFSM, KSVO, GWOT-E, GWOT-S, CGSOP, NATO, MCDONALDS, BLA-BLA
BUNCH OF CERTIFICATES AND A HOCKEY PUCK FROM THE NRD (YEAH!)
EDUMACATION:
B.S. PROFESSIONAL AERONAUTICS FROM EMBRY-RIDDLE (3.38)
M.S. MANAGEMENT FROM EMBRY-RIDDLE (3.95)
FAA A&P LICENSE
EVALS:
BOUNCED BETWEEN MP AND EP ALOT (NEVER REALLY GOT ALONG WITH ANY LPO/LCPO)
ASTB = 6/6/6 OAR-52
INTERVIEWS:
2 X 0-6 (PILOT, AMDO)
1 X 0-5 (AMDO)
1 X 0-4 (PILOT)
LOR = NONE (MUST HAVE FORGOTTEN THEM)
FLIGHT EXPERIENCE = 0 (WATCHED A BUNCH OF AIRPLANES TAKE OFF AND LAND THOUGH)
PRO-REC = PILOT/NFO
I think that's the nuts and bolts of it all. I dropped a package which apparently made it for the July 2009 board. Applied for PILOT/NFO/AMDO. Got the good news at the end of last month on Pilot and NFO. Now I just need that letter and an OCS date! Hopefully soon so I can box up the family and get rockin.
PEACE!