• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

Stayafloat

Professional API Student
Final Select SNA! got the call today, i report to Newport on Nov. 8. Any one else have a date yet?

Final Select NFO. Reporting Nov. 8th as well. OR told me it was a huge class (around 100). Any word on what we do for Christmas? I would hate to have leave in the middle of it all.

TGrayum

Pro-Rec SNA
from what i've read in other threads, we get leave a day or two before christmas and come back a day or two after new years. its probably a good thing, if we stayed the DI's would have to stay and i'm guessing working the holidays wouldn't put them in the best mood. i agree with you though, i would rather stay there than have OCS extended another week to make up for it. Congrats on the FS, i will see you there.

ray25017

Hey Tex,

Congrats... When did you go to MEPS?
I was prorec'd intel from the July board and went to MEPS at the beginning of Sept (PRT done / Already have a security clearance). Everything was submitted for review on Sept 16th according to my OR... I'm still waiting, though.

Hope I'm right behind you (not a rear entry situation).

- Ray

Hey Tex,

Congrats... When did you go to MEPS?
I was prorec'd intel from the July board and went to MEPS at the beginning of Sept (PRT done / Already have a security clearance). Everything was submitted for review on Sept 16th according to my OR... I'm still waiting, though.

Hope I'm right behind you (not a rear entry situation).

- Ray

Ray - I went to MEPS the week after I found out that I was pro'rec, which was probably the beginning of August. Be patient with the waiting part, from what I hear NOMI/NAMI is swept with applications. Good luck! Oh, and I am still waiting on my FS letter, but I got assigned a class date today, so I should get it soon.

ray25017

Yep... I heard the same thing from my processor (that OOM was swamped).
Well, enjoy your time before November. Hopefully I hear something soon...

bottlenose

I thought I would just follow up in this thread. I applied for the July boards and was a non select SNA. Around that same time, I was also interested in the Air Force Reserves. I had interviewed with a squadron back in April and was non select back then. I was invited back for a second interview which took place last month and I just found out yesterday that I was selected to join the squadron and go through OTS and UPT and become a pilot. I could not be happier.

ray25017

Any July pro-rec'ers still waiting out there?

I was approved by OOM a few weeks ago but my recruiter's been MIA for a month (I had to call NRD to get the news about me clearing Navy med). Holding out hope for the 6 DEC class...

adimas

July Final Select SNA
I'm still waiting, I think my Physical just now recently went to be uploaded electronically to be sent away to be cleared by Navy Med. Hopefully this Sept./Oct board holdup for everyone else helped NOMI backlog. Who knows though.

Should still be a month or so before I hear anything...Im going for that Jan 3 class. (hopefully)

I have had so many set backs with getting my MEPS Physical aquired from a different Branch. What took 5 working days turned into about 120 Working days for the main reason nobody really paid attention/checked up on or tryed to expedite it.

ohh well.... at least 4 months later everything is on track.

wanna_be_pilot

Still waiting as well. I had to go through MEPS again two weeks ago because my medical was going to expire next month. PRK has already been approved so now I need to wait for that FS letter.

markkyle66

I got a Final Select notice after dealing with a few hang-ups! According to NRD I'll be at to Newport on June 20th, shortly after graduation. How's everyone else making out?