• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July Boards

Well I had started the process before I found out about being pro'rec. I had already submitted any extra paperwork they wanted, so I was able to go with like two days notice. It was in Fargo, so it isn't very busy there, thats probably why...

markkyle66

Pill_Hacker said:
Where is everyone at as far as progress?

Just finished MEPS myself after dealing with getting them missing medical documents for a minor surgery years and years ago. (cyst removed) My OR said he is waiting on NRD to put my contract together and then I will take the Oath of Office and wait for a Final Select. Atleast that is how he explained it. Cannot wait :)

markkyle66

Pill_Hacker said:
That's what I'm asking, how long did it take you to get the 'ok'? I'm still waiting :icon_rage

...Took me about 3 weeks after getting pro-rec'd to get the OK from NRD to go over and get processed at MEPS... but only after many frustrated phone calls and days spent tracking down a missing piece of my medical records and faxing crap back and forth. I guess that was about average timing, but only because I tried to help them like it was my job.

SWOHopeful

Update: I have no clue what's going on with my package. I last spoke to my recruiter 11 days ago and he reported that the internet was out at the office and he would call me when he had the results. (I'm actually assuming that somehow I was pushed to August because something was wrong with my package). I plan on trying to get in touch with him to figure out what's going on and to hopefully get an update.

frealis

Old fat man: Take your papers and put them on top of your folders.
Me: Put my paper on top of my folder.
Old fat man: (grabs my papers first) Jesus, this paper is inverted. I said on top of your folder! (which it was!!!). And you are going to be an officer?
Me: (Bite my tongue)....although I just wanted to say "fuck you."

MEPS is an experience. Try not to laugh too hard when everyone starts bragging about their ASVAB scores like 12 year olds while doing the duck walk. Which I kind of equate to people coming on here and saying "I got a 9/9/8 70 on my ASTB, is that good?" Just shake your head and walk away.

Hahaha. Here's me:

Me: (standing at the front of the line)
Woman: Take this and go over there.
Me: (goes over there)
Woman: Sit down.
Me: (sits down)

10 minutes go by...

Woman: (turns to me) Get up!! Don't sit down unless I tell you to!
Me: (half-way sits down and stands up) What?

TGrayum

Pro-Rec SNA
Final Select

Final Select SNA! got the call today, i report to Newport on Nov. 8. Any one else have a date yet?

tturaider

Pro Rec SNA
Congrats! still waiting to get PQ'd because my eye exam for PRK didn't include my depth perception.

I still don't know what is going on with my background check. How long did yours take?

markkyle66

Nice to hear! I'm still waiting on mine as well. I'm not too sure how soon it would come for me though... I actually ended up getting pro rec'd for pilot through Direct Accession and will graduate in May... guess I shouldn't expect my FS for a while.