• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 2013 Board Final Selects

alaurin

All day, every day!
Clever analogys... obviously, you didn't sleep through your college English Lit course(s)!
BzB

I think we went over that in Senior English Lit in HS, but the analogy always stuck with me. I think there was a scene in Dante's Inferno featuring Sisyphus rolling the stone in one of the circles of hell he voyages through. Ironically, I used to read that book on the recumbent bike at the gym.

JonSmith89

Another 60R Driver
pilot
Final Select depends on a lot of factors: Did you do your NASIS and physical prior to the board? What dates did you put for your availability of service when you filled out your board paperwork? When do you graduate from college? (This is my case, as I graduate in December I received a 12 January 2014 class date)

There is no telling when you will get your final select letter. Just remember to keep taking the initiative by keeping up with your OR and/or processor and always remember to "HURRY UP AND WAIT!" Cheers!

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
Well, sounds like I have been medically cleared at last per Paul Celestin with the Fleet OCS desk in Millington. Neither I nor my command recieved a PQ letter, does this sound right? If so that is some weight off my shoulders :)

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
My divo says still not showing PQd, is it possible to be PQd and the status not show in CIRIMS? Kind of like folks having a date but not an actual FS?

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
Well, sounds like I have been medically cleared at last per Paul Celestin with the Fleet OCS desk in Millington. Neither I nor my command recieved a PQ letter, does this sound right? If so that is some weight off my shoulders :)
Yeah that's correct according to Ted Williams, the PQ letter is not sent to you or your command. Only the FS letter and the service agreement are sent to your CO.

Navy Ship

Is it a requirement to get a PQ before submitting your app for OCS?

MrFiveOh

SNA 28/M Prior Army FS DEC8 OCS
Who here, besides me, is still waiting on their FINSEL letters even after being PQ'd w/ open investigation?

Quick question: Will the Navy delay my FINSEL since I told them that I am currently working on a master's even though I have every intention of putting it hold to get into the Navy? I even told my OR during the process of building my OCS packet, "I can ship out today if I had too!" So my availability should be wide open in their system... I hope...

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
Are you a prior?

How do I go about bypassing the PQ process? Also, how much time does one have to get their FS letter?
I am not a prior, I am currently on active duty.

What do you mean by bypass the PQ process? To go to OCS you will have to be found PQ in accordance with commissioning standards.

If you are active you must have a commissioning physical included with your application, if civilian you can submit without having the physical done. It still must be completed and you must be found physically qualified prior to a final select being issued.

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
Who here, besides me, is still waiting on their FINSEL letters even after being PQ'd w/ open investigation?
I'm in the same boat PQ, already got a secret clearance, and active. I'm still waiting for my FINSEL. I wish they would let me know at least for planning purposes.

Navy Ship

I am not a prior, I am currently on active duty.

What do you mean by bypass the PQ process? To go to OCS you will have to be found PQ in accordance with commissioning standards.

If you are active you must have a commissioning physical included with your application, if civilian you can submit without having the physical done. It still must be completed and you must be found physically qualified prior to a final select being issued.
I'm currently in college and trying to get selected for OCS. My eyesight is not good enough to get a PQ for Aviation.

I am getting PRK / LASIK, but i'd prefer to wait a few more months. So for now, I'd like to submit and see if I get in. Then I can go ahead and get PRK / LASIK.

So do you need a PQ just to apply to the board for OCS selection?