• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 2013 Board Final Selects

jfav313

PRO REC SWO
Has anyone received their final select letters? My Nasis was done (prior service clearance) and I was Pq'd medically, still no FS letter.

BleedGreen

pilot
I haven't received one yet. Did you still have to submit fingerprints even though you were prior service? (with a clearance too I'm assuming)

BleedGreen

pilot
Me either.
My OR said it wasn't required if you already had a clearance already but I thought I had seen other priors on here submitting fingerprints with their kits.

plastycx

Never Giving Up
Who is your point of contact for what else they need and final select? I have no recruiter because I am active duty and applied by myself, therefore I haven't any idea of who I should talk to.

dcushman13

None
Bleedgreen: so am I. Any idea how they will cut us orders/separate us from the reserves when we go?

BleedGreen

pilot
Bleedgreen: so am I. Any idea how they will cut us orders/separate us from the reserves when we go?
From what I understand the day we sign our final select letter, which is also an official set of orders, our obligation with the Reserves ends. That is all made possible of course by the conditional release that Reservists are required to have for their kits.

plastycx

Never Giving Up
I don't have a conditional release yet . I submitted one on Monday after I found out that I was selected.

jg54170

OCS JAN12th
I don't have a conditional release yet . I submitted one on Monday after I found out that I was selected.

I haven't submitted one, not aware that active duty folks need one. If you need the contact numbers and email to check your status send me a PM and I will get it to you. They have been hard to get a hold of this week however. Probably ignoring the phone calls ;)

dcushman13

None
I'm about 99% sure that AD folks do not need the conditional release (DD 368), so don't stress about it!

Will reservists get a full PCS like AD, or will our orders be more like civilians? How about if you are a reservist on a Title 10 recall?

exNavyOffRec

From what I understand the day we sign our final select letter, which is also an official set of orders, our obligation with the Reserves ends. That is all made possible of course by the conditional release that Reservists are required to have for their kits.

FS =/= orders, a FS letter is just a letter saying congrats you have been selected for (insert designator) some additional fluff words, you have been schedule for OCS on (insert date), the orders will actually follow immediately or several months later, it just depends how far out the OCS date is.

The FS letter is not binding, you don't sign it.

BleedGreen

pilot
FS =/= orders, a FS letter is just a letter saying congrats you have been selected for (insert designator) some additional fluff words, you have been schedule for OCS on (insert date), the orders will actually follow immediately or several months later, it just depends how far out the OCS date is.

The FS letter is not binding, you don't sign it.

Man, my OR fails again...just sharing what he told me but I guess that was misinformation

From what my OR told me, we will receive our (or at least mine) FS letters on or by Sept. 20. This was the date he read off of the draft of selected NFO applicants. It might be different for Pilot, SWO, etc...

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
Got an email from the OCS processor on Wednesday that says I have to redo my medical paperwork because Branch Health Medical overlooked a section and I didn't catch it myself. I've been TAD so I just saw the email yesterday while on duty. I'm going to knock it out first thing in the morning. I hope this doesn't not set my FS select back. I'm hoping to get the earliest OCS date possible.