• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 2013 Board Final Selects

MowerRanger

Could someone explain to me the reason that some of us are getting placed in earlier classes as opposed to later ones? Is it based off of what you got selected for? My OR told me that we were waiting on the FINSEL letter which could take about 2 weeks from when I last called him, It's been over a month since then.

Thanks.

exNavyOffRec

Could someone explain to me the reason that some of us are getting placed in earlier classes as opposed to later ones? Is it based off of what you got selected for? My OR told me that we were waiting on the FINSEL letter which could take about 2 weeks from when I last called him, It's been over a month since then.

Thanks.

It depends on designator, when you date available is, and how full they are for the FY, I have seen people wait many many many months.

What designator were you selected for?

exNavyOffRec

I was selected for Intel, have gone through MEPS and did my clearance interview. Thanks for the info.

small community, I have heard from friends that most spots were filled so you could be waiting a bit depending on your place in line, many OR's are under the impression that once a letter is "awaiting signature" it is only a few weeks, with some designators that is true, for others it could be months, it just means the previous step is complete.

MowerRanger

small community, I have heard from friends that most spots were filled so you could be waiting a bit depending on your place in line, many OR's are under the impression that once a letter is "awaiting signature" it is only a few weeks, with some designators that is true, for others it could be months, it just means the previous step is complete.
Ah, got it. Thanks for the info. It's nice to get a more definitive and realistic answer.