• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 2013 and/or Rolling Board

Question:

I have jury summoning on August 5th. Hypothetically, if we were to find out within the week (if I get prorec) and I were to report for the summoning, would I be able to use it to be excused from jury selection? I don't mind being selected for a jury and partaking in such civil duty, I'm just wondering.

eddieoctane

Question:

I have jury summoning on August 5th. Hypothetically, if we were to find out within the week (if I get prorec) and I were to report for the summoning, would I be able to use it to be excused from jury selection? I don't mind being selected for a jury and partaking in such civil duty, I'm just wondering.

If you need to report for duty out of the area before you need to show for the jury summons, you have an excuse. National defense trumps jury duty any day. If the trial has a chance of not being over before your report date, you could probably get out of it then, too. But if you get a summons today for a trial next month and your OCS report date is October, you've got jury duty. Of course, you can always say things like "The government doesn't file charges against innocent people, ever" which is an understanable thing to hear from a service member, and would disqualify you for any criminal procedeings. You'd still lose a day, but it's one day vs the weeks that the Jodi Arias trial dragged on for.

RiseR 25

The Marines guarantee you a spot in flight school IF you pass the ASTB with a 5/6/6 (you need at least a 6 in either designator to contract), pass a flight physical, and GET selected for it (which means that your PFT is probably north of 290 out of 300 these days). I was a sent to NAMI to get a flight phys then I was supposed to come back and retake the ASTB in order to get a 6 on the FOFAR (I got a 5/6/5) because I wanted to go NFO because the PFT score is a little more realistic for me. You need about a 270 or so now to be competitive which I had. However, upon return from the flight phys I retook the ASTB and got the same stupid scores, 5/6/5 albeit that my OAR increased a few points. My OSO said that I could wait until Nov to retake it because you have to wait 90 days in between the 2nd and 3rd attempt. I called Navy and he said that he could get me on the July board with my current scores. I was picked up for SNA today. Flight phys in hand. I just had my OSO make a copy and give it to my OR along with all my Marine paperwork. Almost everything is the same. I had to do a few things like LORs because all my previous ones were on MC letterhead.

Thanks man, appreciate the explanation. That's a pretty sweet loophole you managed to acquire. I passed MEPS which is good, but yeah I'm a bit interested to see why they don't give me a flight physical until later assuming I only applied SNA. Now I understand what the Marine OSO teams say by Air Guarantee on their part. I thought it was a mostly an additional means of getting guys interested in PLC or OCC. The OSO team I dealt with a year ago sounded interested in me, but I guess they lost interest in me seeing as I was only set on pilot.

Thanks man, appreciate the explanation. That's a pretty sweet loophole you managed to acquire. I passed MEPS which is good, but yeah I'm a bit interested to see why they don't give me a flight physical until later assuming I only applied SNA. Now I understand what the Marine OSO teams say by Air Guarantee on their part. I thought it was a mostly an additional means of getting guys interested in PLC or OCC. The OSO team I dealt with a year ago sounded interested in me, but I guess they lost interest in me seeing as I was only set on pilot.

No problem. Just out of curiosity which OSO did you talk to? Are you still applying for a USMC program?

FangsOut

Pro-Rec SNA 29July13
Congratulations to everyone who has heard good news! I received the call yesterday at 1800 EST from my OR (NRD Atlanta) that I was pro-recY SNA. I hope the good news continues for all those still waiting to hear. I have been a lurker on these forums for over a year and now look forward to getting to know you all during the weeks, months, and years to come.

RiseR 25

No problem. Just out of curiosity which OSO did you talk to? Are you still applying for a USMC program?

I talked to the OSO team out of Sacramento for some time. I didn't show enough commitment to the program as I was studying engineering in Reno and couldn't make it to their training functions. I suppose if I called him again he may reconsider my application again, but I'd definitely have to take PT to a much higher level than I"m already at.

Surf

pilot
Congratulation everyone, found out I was Non-Select today. It's going to be a long wait for December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goldfish825

I'm entirely new to posting on here, but I've been watching AW and watching these July Board threads over the past few months since I applied. I figured it might be nice to connect with people that may be heading into the same OCS class.

I got a call from my recruiter 10-20mins ago. I was selected for NFO! Wasn't picked up for Pilot due to my vision. I was on the border for the vision requirements, but then I bombed that test at MEPS and submitted for Pilot with a waiver. My recruiter said SWO results aren't out yet and I honestly didn't ask about Supply since that was my last choice. If anyone cares, here are my stats.

NRD St. Louis
B.S. Graphic Design from Illinois State University
3.51 GPA
4 LORs from Student Organizations where I held leadership positions
6/7/6 57 ASTB (took it twice, first time was awful 3/4/4 40)
Applied for Pilot/NFO, SWO, and Supply (in that order)

Congrats to all that were selected!

NavySquid26

PRO-REC Y Supply June 2013
I'm entirely new to posting on here, but I've been watching AW and watching these July Board threads over the past few months since I applied. I figured it might be nice to connect with people that may be heading into the same OCS class.

I got a call from my recruiter 10-20mins ago. I was selected for NFO! Wasn't picked up for Pilot due to my vision. I was on the border for the vision requirements, but then I bombed that test at MEPS and submitted for Pilot with a waiver. My recruiter said SWO results aren't out yet and I honestly didn't ask about Supply since that was my last choice. If anyone cares, here are my stats.

NRD St. Louis
B.S. Graphic Design from Illinois State University
3.51 GPA
4 LORs from Student Organizations where I held leadership positions
6/7/6 57 ASTB (took it twice, first time was awful 3/4/4 40)
Applied for Pilot/NFO, SWO, and Supply (in that order)

Congrats to all that were selected!
Congrats on NFO! Just FYI supply results have been out since the first week of July lol

FutureSuppo

I'm out of St. Louis as well. I only applied for Supply and SWO though, so no results yet. Congrats to you two!

@goldfish825
@TouchandGo