• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 2013 and/or Rolling Board

Macfuego

Hey there,

I recently submitted my package in the middle of April for the upcoming July boards. My recruit said there's a possibility of rolling boards. I know a lot of people are getting responses from the April boards, but I wanted to see how people are doing for the upcoming boards.

I do have a question, how long is the security background check, and how do we hear when we are cleared?

FLYNAVY15

FUBIJAR
pilot
I guess we will get things rolling here. Clearances can take a couple of months, to a year to be closed. Much of this depends on how through your details are in your package, how long it takes to interview your contacts, and finally how busy the investigating agency is. I was squeaky clean when I submitted for a clearance, and it took over a year to get it closed. My buddy had his closed in 3 months. Lots of variables.

Macfuego

I guess we will get things rolling here. Clearances can take a couple of months, to a year to be closed. Much of this depends on how through your details are in your package, how long it takes to interview your contacts, and finally how busy the investigating agency is. I was squeaky clean when I submitted for a clearance, and it took over a year to get it closed. My buddy had his closed in 3 months. Lots of variables.
Thanks, that clears things up for me. It sounds like you can get into OCS before the security clearance is finalized. Sweet!

TheBall77

Is the end of July yet?
I’ve been told by my OR and have confirmed it with some other sources that rolling boards are currently being held for SNA/NFO only. I believe the next board for SWO is June or July.

Macfuego

I’ve been told by my OR and have confirmed it with some other sources that rolling boards are currently being held for SNA/NFO only. I believe the next board for SWO is June or July.
Yeah I heard there are rolling boards for aviation, but no confirmation on if there is one before July. I heard SWO is July. My recruiter is on vacation, so I have no idea what is going on.

I actually got an email that the next aviation rolling board may be after the July board in Sept 2013. That kinda makes sense because the NAVY just had a board in April, and I have a feeling that there won't be a board convening every month. It sounds to me that the July board is what were all going to be waiting for.

Have any of you guys started your TS background check? I haven't gotten any notifications up until this point.

gp360

I will be applying for this board. Just finished MEPS yesterday, waiting on one LOR (cutting it close, I know). This is the first time I have heard anything about rolling boards this year. Anyways, good luck to everyone!

McHale's Navy

sighted nothing..sank same.
Resubmitting for yet another board.

SWO
26/m
3.0 BA History - University of South Florida
43 5/6/4

It's frustrating to see that people were selected with similar scores during April rolling.
Does anyone have any info on what's left over for FY14?

Tiffany Murphy

Action is the foundational key to all success.
I am anxiously waiting for July 15th! I submitted to this board for SWO as well. Fingers crossed! This is going to be the longest month of my life!

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Resubmitting for yet another board.

SWO
26/m
3.0 BA History - University of South Florida
43 5/6/4

It's frustrating to see that people were selected with similar scores during April rolling.
Does anyone have any info on what's left over for FY14?
It's not just about the scores.

TouchandGo

Just took my ASTB last week:

8/8/9-59

BS Mathematics, 2.7...didn't spend enough time studying through Mechanical--I'm assuming that's what brought down my AQR and PFAR from 9's and my OAR down to 59.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Just took my ASTB last week:

8/8/9-59

BS Mathematics, 2.7...didn't spend enough time studying through Mechanical--I'm assuming that's what brought down my AQR and PFAR from 9's and my OAR down to 59.
When are you submitting?

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Took the ASTB today and finishing up my packet this week for my second shot at Naval Aviation (non-select for USMC in '11).

SNA/SNFO/SWO
BS Aviation Management 3.3gpa
Private Pilot 137hrs
Male, 24yrs old
AQR: 6
PFAR: 7
FOFAR: 6
OAR: 53

Back in '11 I was cleared by NAMI (correctable to 20/20), so I'm hoping still no issues on that end if selected.