• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 2013 and/or Rolling Board

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
would like to go back for a masters but I'd like to try the Pilot thing out first.
Love that unique term "Pilot thing" lol. Every time you log a takeoff followed by a successful landing... you've done a "Pilot thing", an 8+ year commitment is almost half a career (bit more than a 'thing')!:eek: Seriously though, it's not just a job, it's an adventure!:D
BzB

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now that my package is sitting at my CO's desk awaiting his signature here are my stats:
27 Male
Active Duty
15 July board
SNA/SNFO
3.58 GPA B.A Business Admin.
5/6/5 48 ASTB
4 LORs- 1 - O-6 (former CO), 2 - O-5s (former XO & OIC), 1 O-4 (det OIC)
4 Interviews- 3 - O5s, 1 - O-3
Ranked 1 of 2 applying from my command on my CO's Recommendation
Your GPA & LORs/Interviews are excellent... and should keep you very competitive by compensating for "so so" ASTB scores.

mikes3, what is your rate/unit at Jax?

For Priors: LORs from present/former CO/XOs, DivOs, Supervisors are "golden".

For All: Best LORs are from present/former Supervisors, Managers, Leaders (Cub/Boy Scouts, Coaches, Professors/Teachers, Volunteer services leaders etc.), Business Execs, (Politicians...? Personally, I'd be wary of those, Nat'l approval rating ~10%)!

LORs in general, carry significantly more weight when they are worded such that the board can tell that the writer actually knows and is truly aware of your character & capabilities. On the other hand, most of the 'more important' LOR Writers use "boilerplate" standard form letters for requesters they don't know personally, where only names/dates are changed. These are OK if it's all you can muster, but don't carry the weight of the former, and board members can tell the difference. Good interview reports also are money for priors.

Hope this helps, good luck to all!;)
BzB, prior ET2 (SS)

RiseR 25

Love that unique term "Pilot thing" lol. Every time you log a takeoff followed by a successful landing... you've done a "Pilot thing", an 8+ year commitment is almost half a career (bit more than a 'thing')!:eek: Seriously though, it's not just a job, it's an adventure!:D
BzB

My apologies on the phrase sir, didn't mean to make light of what I'm applying for.

Tiffany Murphy

Action is the foundational key to all success.
I'm extremely worried about my OAR test scores. I took the test right after finding out it even existed so I had no time to study for it. I was in a rush because I had 3 weeks after the first time I talked to my recruiter to get everything together and submitted. Here goes my stats!
Applying for SWO
OAR - 43
GPA - 3.2
2 LOR's from O4's
1 LOR from a CW2 (did hundred's of volunteer hours for his company (Army))
1 LOR from an E9
1 LOR from a previous employer where I was an office manager
I have known all of the people that gave me LOR's for 5 years or more.
High school basketball (Team Captain), High School Track

McHale's Navy

sighted nothing..sank same.
I'm extremely worried about my OAR test scores. I took the test right after finding out it even existed so I had no time to study for it. I was in a rush because I had 3 weeks after the first time I talked to my recruiter to get everything together and submitted. Here goes my stats!
Applying for SWO
OAR - 43
GPA - 3.2
2 LOR's from O4's
1 LOR from a CW2 (did hundred's of volunteer hours for his company (Army))
1 LOR from an E9
1 LOR from a previous employer where I was an office manager
I have known all of the people that gave me LOR's for 5 years or more.
High school basketball (Team Captain), High School Track
Our stats are pretty similar, I have a 43 with a 3.0. I do have 4 years in the Navy Reserves, but there's a mark against me for something that happened before I enlisted. Either way, it's safe to say that if I make it then you should too.

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
Your GPA & LORs/Interviews are excellent... and should keep you very competitive by compensating for "so so" ASTB scores.

mikes3, what is your rate/unit at Jax?

For Priors: LORs from present/former CO/XOs, DivOs, Supervisors are "golden".

For All: Best LORs are from present/former Supervisors, Managers, Leaders (Cub/Boy Scouts, Coaches, Professors/Teachers, Volunteer services leaders etc.), Business Execs, (Politicians...? Personally, I'd be wary of those, Nat'l approval rating ~10%)!

LORs in general, carry significantly more weight when they are worded such that the board can tell that the writer actually knows and is truly aware of your character & capabilities. On the other hand, most of the 'more important' LOR Writers use "boilerplate" standard form letters for requesters they don't know personally, where only names/dates are changed. These are OK if it's all you can muster, but don't carry the weight of the former, and board members can tell the difference. Good interview reports also are money for priors.

Hope this helps, good luck to all!;)
BzB, prior ET2 (SS)
Sir,

I am currently an AE2 over at FRCSE Jacksonville. I was first stationed at VP-30, where I had outstanding mentors and leadership that encouraged me to apply, including my former CO. He's the one that wrote my LOR and is currently the director of the Navy War College in Newport.

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
Wow. I have the same exact ASTB scores...Did you copy me? :)
Lol it would seem so. I believe that is the weakest part of my package, I did not even want to submit with these scores after all these high scores I read about on here. My DivO instructed me to submit and retest if I'm a non-select.

Bunnyslipper

My package was submitted on June 7. Here are my stats:
26 Female
No prior service
SNA
3.85 GPA BS Accounting
3.34 GPA JD
7 7 7 60
4 LORs: employers, professors, and current supervisor
Played NCAA Div. II Soccer

Crossing my fingers for the July board!

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
26 Female
No prior service
SNA
3.85 GPA BS Accounting
3.34 GPA JD
7 7 7 60

Nice I played college soccer too.

McHale's Navy

sighted nothing..sank same.
SWO
26/m
BA History - 3.0
ASTB - 43 5/6/4
AD3 - Navy Reserves - EP, EP, EP
Awards - NAM, Reserve Good Conduct
Med - PQ
LORs - XO(0-5), MO(O-4), Prior MO(O-4), AFROTC Prof.(O-5)
Rugby Coach, Previous Employer
COs Recommendation(O-5), COs Recommendation(O-6)

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
SNA/NFO/SWO
3.05 GPA Animal Science/ Pre-Veterinary Science (got into vet school turned it down)
7/7/6 61
Med-PQ
LORS- Employers, professor, veterinarian, college soccer coach, director of Humane Society
Team captian for HS and College soccer teams, multiple fraternity positions and fraternity and university scholarships.

HLINGER_345

Throw me in the bucket
23 Male
Non-Prior
July boards
My recruiter is putting me in for Supply/SWO/NFO/Pilot
3.53 GPA B.B.A Finance
5/6/5 52 ASTB
5 LORS - 3 former employers, 1 non-profit, 1 from college honors program manager

Good luck everyone! My fingers are crossed.

exNavyOffRec

26 Female
No prior service
SNA
3.85 GPA BS Accounting
3.34 GPA JD
7 7 7 60

How close are you to 27? I think you should easily get picked up on the first shot.