• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

July 2013 and/or Rolling Board

Robert Allen

I've fixed them, now I fly them!
Took the ASTB today and finishing up my packet this week for my second shot at Naval Aviation (non-select for USMC in '11).
Back in '11 I was cleared by NAMI (correctable to 20/20), so I'm hoping still no issues on that end if selected.
Why did you wait 2 years to resubmit? Just curious!

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Well, honestly, my nfo packet wasn't competitive as other ocs candidates averaging a 295 pft and selection rates were very low. I got a decent job that winter and after a lot of thought, put the military on hold figuring that the Marine Corps and I probably weren't a good fit. A year and a half later, I still have that same desire I had when I started the process and pretty much said enough is enough; time to get back at it. Luckily, my boss is behind me 100% in my decision to pursue a commission in the Navy.

TheBall77

Is the end of July yet?
So I’m going to blast my stats. I know my ASTB scores are not the highest, but I’m not the strongest aptitude test taker.Tell me what you guys think. I hope everyone makes it! :)
29 Male Prior-Service
July Board
SNFO/SWO/INTEL
3.77 GPA
5/6/5 48 ASTB

7 LOR’s from Navy O-4’s and above, including a former Proff.
Submitting package soon! (Before the 19th)
Pro-rec ???
Final Select ???

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Um that needs to be in NOW! 19th is 1 week away and your application goes through multiple processes before its pro boarded FYI.
Notice that “Convene” and “NRC Application Due Dates” are different. We have to have everything submitted to NRC by that “app due date”. That means, locally, we need to submit your package to our head quarters at least a week in advance of the “CNRC Application Due Date” in order for the kit to be QC’d/scanned/forwarded to the community. - See more at: http://recruitingcommand.com/texasnavy/page/3/#sthash.0gUypHk0.dpuf

RiseR 25

So I’m going to blast my stats. I know my ASTB scores are not the highest, but I’m not the strongest aptitude test taker.Tell me what you guys think. I hope everyone makes it! :)
29 Male Prior-Service
July Board
SNFO/SWO/INTEL
3.77 GPA
5/6/5 48 ASTB
7 LOR’s from Navy O-4’s and above, including a former Proff.
Submitting package soon! (Before the 19th)
Pro-rec ???
Final Select ???

Your choice in Avatars puts your application at the front of the line IMO. I think your good to go for your packet, killer GPA. What did you study?

McHale's Navy

sighted nothing..sank same.
Um that needs to be in NOW! 19th is 1 week away and your application goes through multiple processes before its pro boarded FYI.
Notice that “Convene” and “NRC Application Due Dates” are different. We have to have everything submitted to NRC by that “app due date”. That means, locally, we need to submit your package to our head quarters at least a week in advance of the “CNRC Application Due Date” in order for the kit to be QC’d/scanned/forwarded to the community. - See more at: http://recruitingcommand.com/texasnavy/page/3/#sthash.0gUypHk0.dpuf
While I agree with that statement, I wouldn't put much stock on NRD Houston. They put out that there was 100% selection on the March board, clearly there was not.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
While I agree with that statement, I wouldn't put much stock on NRD Houston. They put out that there was 100% selection on the March board, clearly there was not.

I also just wanted to give him some sort of documented info so it wasnt just "rumored".

TheBall77

Is the end of July yet?
Your choice in Avatars puts your application at the front of the line IMO. I think your good to go for your packet, killer GPA. What did you study?

I studied Psychology. There’s no way I’m going to be able to find a job in the field without going back to grad school. I tried already and found myself working with computers again (what I was doing before I joined the Navy last time). What did you study brother?

RiseR 25

I studied Psychology. There’s no way I’m going to be able to find a job in the field without going back to grad school. I tried already and found myself working with computers again (what I was doing before I joined the Navy last time). What did you study brother?

Got my BS in Mechanical Engineering just this past winter after 6 wonderful years in college, wouldn't trade it for anything. Wasn't much of a college experience at times, would like to go back for a masters but I'd like to try the Pilot thing out first.

BeLikeMike

Primary!!!
Now that my package is sitting at my CO's desk awaiting his signature here are my stats:
27 Male
Active Duty
15 July board
SNA/SNFO
3.58 GPA B.A Business Admin.
5/6/5 48 ASTB
4 LORs- 1 - O-6 (former CO), 2 - O-5s (former XO & OIC), 1 O-4 (det OIC)
4 Interviews- 3 - O5s, 1 - O-3
Ranked 1 of 2 applying from my command on my CO's Recommendation

TheBall77

Is the end of July yet?
Now that my package is sitting at my CO's desk awaiting his signature here are my stats:
27 Male
Active Duty
15 July board
SNA/SNFO
3.58 GPA B.A Business Admin.
5/6/5 48 ASTB
4 LORs- 1 - O-6 (former CO), 2 - O-5s (former XO & OIC), 1 O-4 (det OIC)
4 Interviews- 3 - O5s, 1 - O-3
Ranked 1 of 2 applying from my command on my CO's Recommendation
Wow. I have the same exact ASTB scores...Did you copy me? :)