• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jet questions

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Fly Navy said:
Hey, Digital TS isn't supposed to be finished in 9 months. I should wing right about 12-13 months.

The C syllabus can't be any longer than the A model syllabus. In my syllabus guide, it even contained C model addendums to the exact same flight we did. So that shouldn't be the issue at all.

I remember the wing saying when I first showed up that its a 10-13 month syllabus, depending on weather, availability, etc. I finished in 10, while we had some (a few) finish in 9. 12 month is damn slow for K'rock.

Of course, I had to wait 8 months to start in the pool because some paper pushing civilian said we couldn't wing anymore Navy jet guys that fiscal year. What happened about half way through the syllabus, the wing panicked when they realized there were no more navy jet guys winging for the next few months. Me, being in the first navy class to start after the wait got pushed. Once again, perfect planning by the Navy, it never seems to fail.

The point of that story, K'rock had their problems too.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Punk said:
The C syllabus can't be any longer than the A model syllabus. In my syllabus guide, it even contained C model addendums to the exact same flight we did. So that shouldn't be the issue at all.

There are a couple more flights that you guys don't have, that I know. The MCG says it's about a 12 month program. You guys just double-pump the crap out of yourselves down there to do it in 9 (well, not you anymore, since you're a Prowler guy now...) Krock also has better weather.

Of course, I had to wait 8 months to start in the pool because some paper pushing civilian said we couldn't wing anymore Navy jet guys that fiscal year. What happened about half way through the syllabus, the wing panicked when they realized there were no more navy jet guys winging for the next few months. Me, being in the first navy class to start after the wait got pushed. Once again, perfect planning by the Navy, it never seems to fail.

Yep, I waited 6 months to start. That was not a VT7 or VT9 specific thing. It was the brilliancy of the Navy.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Mefesto said:
And just incase anyone hasn't heard... you now have to get a 2.5 to qual at the boat. Something about the Air Force MPTS grading not working with how WE do things. As if the stress wasn't bad enough already...

A 2.5, eh? Since when did anything the AF did have an effect on the boat? Once again, I bet it was some stupid paper pushing, matrix calculating civilian who came up with that genius idea.

Fly Navy said:
There are a couple more flights that you guys don't have, that I know. The MCG says it's about a 12 month program. You guys just double-pump the crap out of yourselves down there to do it in 9 (well, not you anymore, since you're a Prowler guy now...) Krock also has better weather.

Yep, I waited 6 months to start. That was not a VT7 or VT9 specific thing. It was the brilliancy of the Navy.

I don't think they even know what a double-pump is up here. I do enjoy my 2.5 hours of work a day though. They could have the pilots out of here in 5 months, no problem if they wanted to, they just don't.

Ah the brilliance of the navy, it never shocks me what genius plan they will come up with next.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Mefesto said:
Exactly how it worked.. something about how a 2.4 and 2.6 at requal not working into the math. Leave it to the AF to screw things up. It's not helping my stress level though. I'm seriously nervous about the whole evolution.

Once again, why the hell was the AF dipping their pen into something they don't do. I'll again point the finger at the civilian statistician who came up with that idea. Probably the same one who thinks the "quality spread" is a good idea.

just remember, centered ball, OK passes for the fleet, high ball, FAIR passes for TRACOM ;)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mefesto said:
(HX)CDAW for the fair.. every pass... thats my goal.

Oh and supposedly the ball as been recalibrated to catch the 2 when we're at the boat... there is no 4 wire. I hope it's not true.

Does that have something to do with the new carriers only having 3 wires, vice 4?

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
if its the JFK, its because the #4 arresting engine is broke and has been for some time

and because of there's talk that the JFK is getting decom'd, the Navy isn't putting the money towards getting it fixed

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Yeah, Mefesto, I went to the boat in Sept and they had only three wires in battery and we were targeting the two wire. If you were two or at most three cells high on touchdown you may have caught the three wire..any higher than that was a bolter every time. I have the hud tape to prove my bolter when the ball was only three cells high. Better not let A4s catch you with the "happy side" philosophy...I remember Punk's little battle...:eek:

The Gooch

FOD Eater
pilot
Well Dave, I'm sure you remember when we did the boat (it was your inaugural attempt :D ) and they had both the 3 and the 1 pulled off because they wanted to do whatever with it...something about the K-Rock guys not needing it anyways since they all trolled for the ace.

Not that I can say much anymore...I got my 2.9 and I'll never need a hook again. But perhaps Toad would like to come out and wave me when I come back to the amphib...Man that guys voice was calming!

rahhhhhhhhhhger ball....liiiiiiittle power...easy with it...yeahhhhhhh

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Dude,

Are you ever going to start the rag? Or are you just chillin with a little vacation in Cherry Point? Some of us work for a livin. A little over halfway through the RAG. Doing Strike and LAT right now and heading to The Centro in a month! Rental Cars Beware!!!

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
EODDave said:
Dude,
Some of us work for a livin.

and I put my 2.5 hours of grueling work today

will try not to break 3 hours/day at the squadron the entire week

shouldn't be too hard