• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jet questions

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Wink, I'm sure one of the 45 guys can bust out an MCG and give you a breakdown of hours per phase and stage. I tossed out my 45 MCG when I left. The 160 total is about right. If no one else will post it I'll do some digging and let you know.

Phase I: Bi's, Ri's, Fam, Form, IR and midstage bouncing
Phase II Onavs, Weps, ACM, CQ

I dont think I missed anything. If I did, I'm sure someone will let me know.

Its supposed to be a 9 month program. It is in Kville. It took my class just shy of 2 years. Great way to learn how to fly.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wink, I'm sure one of the 45 guys can bust out an MCG and give you a breakdown of hours per phase and stage. I tossed out my 45 MCG when I left. The 160 total is about right. If no one else will post it I'll do some digging and let you know.

Phase I: Bi's, Ri's, Fam, Form, IR and midstage bouncing
Phase II Onavs, Weps, ACM, CQ

I dont think I missed anything. If I did, I'm sure someone will let me know.

Its supposed to be a 9 month program. It is in Kville. It took my class just shy of 2 years. Great way to learn how to fly.

Yeah, you did miss a lot. See my previous post. It outlines the stages.

As for time to train, the T-45C MCG (yes it's different than the T-45A) states 50 calendar weeks. I don't know if the T-45A syllabus is shorter, or if it has to do with Kingsville's double-pump-all-the-damn-time mentality. My class is expected to finish very close to the 50 weeks here in Meridian.

Here is some hourly breakdown (from the T-45C MCG):

Total: 157.5 hours
Night: 24.0 (14 phase 1, 10 phase 2)
Solo: 40.0 (13 phase 1, 27 phase 2)
Flights: 125 (157.5 hours)
Sims: 72 (100.5 hours)
Classes and CAI: 162 (212.7 hours)

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
Fly give a break down per stage. Ie how many hours for BI's Fam's etc. I was a C guy in Meridian as well. Guys in 9 were getting done in 52 weeks or so. 7 may be now, but it sure wasnt when I was left not ago.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fly give a break down per stage. Ie how many hours for BI's Fam's etc. I was a C guy in Meridian as well. Guys in 9 were getting done in 52 weeks or so. 7 may be now, but it sure wasnt when I was left not ago.

Ok cool, I can do that. Wait one.

TW-1 has changed a lot since you left.... VT-9 is now the fvcked up squadron and VT-7 is chugging right along. No more Advanced guys laying around, all TS now. I started February 28, I will finish in March or earlier.

EODDave

pilot
Super Moderator
I saw the above. You cant count OCF its 1 flight. And until you get winged it's not me>you it's the other way around. :)

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Training Summary - Flights

Basic Inst - 3 flights - 4.5 hours
Radio Inst - 6 flights - 9.7 hours
Fam - 13 flights (1 solo) - 15.3 hours
AirNav - 10 flights (2 solo) - 18.8 hours
Form - 18 flights (4 solo) - 26.0 hours
NightFam - 5 flights (1 solo) - 6.2 hours
InstRating - 3 flights - 5.1 hours
FCLP - 7 flights (6 solo) - 4.3 hours
ONAV - 11 flights (1 solo) - 13.7 hours
Weps - 10 flights (4 solo) - 11.2 hours
TacForm - 7 flights (2 solo) - 8.6 hours
NightForm - 4 flights (1 solo) - 5.6 hours
OCF - 1 flight - 1.2 hours
ACM - 15 flights (6 solo) - 16.5 hours
CQ - 12 flights (12 solo) - 10.8 hours

Training Summary - Sims

CO - 2
FAM - 7
OCF - 2
EP - 12
BI - 11
RI - 7
AN - 8
FORM - 5
NFAM - 1
IR - 4
FCLP - 1
ON - 3
WEP - 5
NFORM - 1
CQ - 3

gyrene

Marine SNA
as for kingsville, that sounds exactly the same in terms of numbers of sims and flights.
the time to train differs because of different inane equations used in the MCG to factor in weather, maintenance, IP availability and the like.
but TW-2's time to train is around 50 weeks as well.
for the most part studs are finishing in 11 months. some, however, catch some good timing with Weps Dets and finish in 9.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Hahahhaa

OCF is still a stage it has 2 sims and 1 flight.

OCF, now that was anti-climatic

after two tries trying to get an adverse departure, my IP finally took over thinking I was doing it wrong, after he failed to get it to depart twice, we finally gave up and moved on :p

now if you want an airplane that departs easily, come try the Prowler out :eek:

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
for the dumb ones, what is OCF

actually, i just wrote this to get my 250th post....OH YEAH!! two stars BABY!!

actually actually, i still want to know

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OCF, now that was anti-climatic

after two tries trying to get an adverse departure, my IP finally took over thinking I was doing it wrong, after he failed to get it to depart twice, we finally gave up and moved on :p

now if you want an airplane that departs easily, come try the Prowler out :eek:
What are you talking about? Why don't you try flying it first before making wild, sweeping, accusatory statements. ;)

OCF = Out of Control Flight (or some such thing) Basically departures (from controlled flight) and recoveries.

Brett

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
JetJunkie said:
// FlyNavy.cpp

#include <navy.h>
#include <cnatra.h>
#include <strike.h>
#include <t45c.h>

{
// declarations