• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jet questions

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Mefesto said:
Hell we didn't even try, my IP just wanted to get through the card so he'd have gas to fight another IP that was doing the same flight in the area... made for a great ACM intro. :D (And yes we briefed training rules prior)

haha, so did you not get to do any 1 v 0 stuff?

definitely took a couple ACM flights to figure out the pull to avoid pitch buck

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks

Training Summary - Flights

Basic Inst - 3 flights - 4.5 hours
Radio Inst - 6 flights - 9.7 hours
Fam - 13 flights (1 solo) - 15.3 hours
AirNav - 10 flights (2 solo) - 18.8 hours
Form - 18 flights (4 solo) - 26.0 hours
NightFam - 5 flights (1 solo) - 6.2 hours
InstRating - 3 flights - 5.1 hours
FCLP - 7 flights (6 solo) - 4.3 hours
ONAV - 11 flights (1 solo) - 13.7 hours
Weps - 10 flights (4 solo) - 11.2 hours
TacForm - 7 flights (2 solo) - 8.6 hours
NightForm - 4 flights (1 solo) - 5.6 hours
OCF - 1 flight - 1.2 hours
ACM - 15 flights (6 solo) - 16.5 hours
CQ - 12 flights (12 solo) - 10.8 hours

Training Summary - Sims

CO - 2
FAM - 7
OCF - 2
EP - 12
BI - 11
RI - 7
AN - 8
FORM - 5
NFAM - 1
IR - 4
FCLP - 1
ON - 3
WEP - 5
NFORM - 1
CQ - 3

Lots of good info here. Just what I was looking for. Guess the new TS is more efficeint. Sometimes I get guys asking me specifics about the training pipeline and I have to punt since it has changed since I was close to that stuff. I have been tellling guys about 200 hours, guess I wasn't that far off.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Lots of good info here. Just what I was looking for. Guess the new TS is more efficeint.

I am not sure it is so efficient. From what I have observed in the jet pipeline, and what I have experienced in the helo pipeline, the powers that be appear to be cutting flights in all phases of training from primary to RAG. In the end it seems they are leaving it up to the squadron to finish training the aviators. The same squadrons that have new collateral duties and more mission requirements every day.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am not sure it is so efficient. From what I have observed in the jet pipeline, and what I have experienced in the helo pipeline, the powers that be appear to be cutting flights in all phases of training from primary to RAG. In the end it seems they are leaving it up to the squadron to finish training the aviators. The same squadrons that have new collateral duties and more mission requirements every day.
That's certainly true in my community as well, but not all of it is bad. There are certain ACTC hoops that I think new CAT I guys get more out of once they have some hours in the jet.

Brett

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None

Back in the good old days when the Navy had a whole ton of distinct aircraft, it was a little easier to teach (relatively) specialized skillsets. With the powers that be making the airwing H-60s, E/C-2s, E/F-18s... it's all learn everything about everything. TRACOM changes the NFO syllabus like socks because they can't figure out the right balance between A/G and A/A training...

Bottom line is there's a limited amount of time to teach a massive amount of material... and the Navy needs people out in the fleet, not sitting in the VTs and the RAG forever...

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Mefesto said:
I think the 2v1 stuff was the most fun I've had in a plane though.

without a doubt, thinking back to those flights still gives me a smile :D

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
What model of T-45 do they use in Kingsville - A or C? Also, what is the order of the syllabus in jets? I select wednesday at Whiting and am keeping my fingers crossed.

So what the hell did you get?!

...and if you didn't get Jets...get rid of that historic picture...what is that? An A4? I think I saw one in the Aviation museum...:icon_wink

~D

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
That's certainly true in my community as well, but not all of it is bad. There are certain ACTC hoops that I think new CAT I guys get more out of once they have some hours in the jet.

Brett

Yeah that's a good point. Starting the night terf syllabus after having some goggle hours in plane guard is a benefit.

sfa_gray

SNA Ensign
Well, the selection was today and I got JETS, BABY! Meridian here I come. I detach 15 Dec and start 3 Jan 06. Can't wait to start. What is the ground school made up of? I heard it was like 6 weeks long.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, the selection was today and I got JETS, BABY! Meridian here I come. I detach 15 Dec and start 3 Jan 06. Can't wait to start. What is the ground school made up of? I heard it was like 6 weeks long.

PM sent.

CONGRATS!

Blacky

Props, baby!
pilot
sfa_gray said:
Well, the selection was today and I got JETS, BABY! Meridian here I come. I detach 15 Dec and start 3 Jan 06.

Congrats! Just think... by Jan 08 (maybe later?), you'll be winged! Goooooo Meridian!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Blacky said:
Congrats! Just think... by Jan 08 (maybe later?), you'll be winged! Goooooo Meridian!

Moron Kingsville guys. Sorry to say Blacky, but that problem is long gone... or more like shifted to VT-9.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Fly, dont kid yourself. I still haven't seen anyone from 7 winged in 9 - 12 months. When it does, I'll be surprised and bet that it doesnt last long. There would have to be some extreme changes for that to happen. Bye the way, how is morale in 7? Anybody headed this way for the Rag anytime soon?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
EODDave said:
Fly, dont kid yourself. I still haven't seen anyone from 7 winged in 9 - 12 months. When it does, I'll be surprised and bet that it doesnt last long. There would have to be some extreme changes for that to happen. Bye the way, how is morale in 7? Anybody headed this way for the Rag anytime soon?

Hey, Digital TS isn't supposed to be finished in 9 months. I should wing right about 12-13 months. The point being the 2 year wingers no longer exist. Krock guys are like 9 guys, they have no friggin clue cause they're all getting out-of-date gouge. Not their fault really, it's perpetuated by their own people. Funny thing is... 9 is all screwed up now. Go figure.

Morale in 7 is good. Everybody is flying constantly. I went through weps FAST. There is a boat class right now that will finish this coming weekend.